This is to notify you that there is going to be a "Head" family newsletter started. The purpose of this newsletter is to help us research our "Head" lineage and keep everyone updated. The first newsletter will probably be completed and sent out in September 2000 and quarterly thereafter. If you would like to become a member of this newsletter, please send either myself (DeeLite32@aol.com
) or Jackie Carrico (Donnie@cvtv.net
) an email with any information about you and your family lineage that you may want posted in the newsletter. We welcome suggestions, photos, or anykind of data and which will be posted in the newsletter with your consent. Here are some suggested topics that the newsletter may cover:
1. Pedigrees - Charts, family branches individual lineages, etc.
2. History - Some brief histories on places our ancestors lived, wars battles they participated in, biographies, history of the surname Head, family stories, folklore, tales to share, etc.
3. Compiled information - a list of Head records; marriages, births, deaths, cemtery listings, census records, etc.
4. Documents - actual or transcribed copies of any vital records, obituaties, letters, land records, etc.
5. Photo Scrapbook - pictures of individuals families, both old and new, pictures of headstones, places etc.
6. Websites - a list of some good websites to visit which might be helpful in researching.
7. Queries - this is a message board for questions or conerns you have, unsolved mysteries, brick walls, etc.
8. Upcoming Events - reunions, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
9. Member list - a list of current members to the newsletter.
If you are interested and have any suggestions for the newsletter, again please contact either myself at DeeLite32@aol.com
or Jackie Carrico at Donnie@cvtv.net
My Head lineage is Ira Head, Sr. and he resided in Knox County, Kentucky (now Bell County) and then migrated to Missouri where he died. Anyone is welcomed to become a member of this newsletter even if you are not directly related to my Head lineage.
Loooking forward to hearing from you.
Dee Barton (DeeLite32@aol.com