Search for content in message boards

Henry's of Northern Ireland

Replies: 3

Re: Henry's of Northern Ireland

Melanie Henry (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2003 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HENRY/HENERY, HORAN, SHEELEY, FRANKLIN, BIGGERS, RIFE
I chuckled when I read your post about all the HENRY boy's being named for someone before them in your HENRY family, because it's the same in my HENRY line, too! We, too, are Catholic & have our ancesters that travelled from Ontario, Canada and made their way to California, which is where we are. Funny thing too is that I have a cousin named Stephen {with the spelling STEPHEN, too!}, as well as a cousin Theresa!
Our Father's are brothers {Deacon James Henry, Earnest William Henry & William Joseph Henry}, whose parents were James Albert Henry & Veronica Honora/Honore (Mahoney) Henry. James Albert Henry {my G-Pa} had one sister, Anita (Henry) Gepson. James & Anita's folks' were James Austin Henry & Mary Sheeley. James Austin came from Ontario, Canada where he was one of many {10-14} kid's born to John Henry and Maryann Horan {I think}. Other family names are Nancy Biggars, Elizabetg Rife, Thomas Henry, George Henry, William Henry, Hugh Henry & the farthest back ancester is Simeon Henery. He lived to be 103 so it has been said!
Ever hear of "Henry Corner's" in Ontario, Canada? It was from that line of Henry's that I am a descendant of. I know my line was in the meat market business in Ontario and that my GGGrandpa emigrated from Ontario to Pasadena, California where he opened a meat market and called it "Eastside Market" at one point. I have old, tin photos of him and others during the move and once settled. Feel free to contact me as I have plenty of info on my lines. It's tucked away, but not too far away! Hope this helps someone!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
allanhenry1 30 Sep 2002 8:26PM GMT 
coopcst1 3 Oct 2002 4:44PM GMT 
allanhenry1 3 Oct 2002 6:04PM GMT 
Melanie Henry 23 Nov 2003 6:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions