Search for content in message boards

William S. Hickey

Replies: 2

Re: William S. Hickey

ed beard (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2006 10:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hickey, Beard, Prewett, Crismon
William S. Hickey is my g-g-grandfather through my Grandmother Vienna Mary Hickey, to her father Clutan Hickey, his father Cyrenus Hickey, who was the son of William S. Hickey. The original picture of Cyrenius Lois used in her query is from my Hickey Family album. Not much is know about William except that his will was written May 24, 1847 while he was still in good health. It was recorded March 17, 1853 in Probate Record Book B, Pgs. 324 & 325 in Phillps Co., Arkansas. In it, he names his 1st wife Mary and their children: James, Hiriam, William, Thomas, Cyrenious, Evan and Berry. He also names his 2nd wife Martha and their Children Preston, Harvey, America, Emily and Allen. William was born 1792 in Creene Co., Tn. He died Sept 1849 in Philips, Arkansas. I have attached a picture of Cyrenius house in Georgetown, Ky. Cyrenius raised Morgan Horses for carriage trade. He lost all of his stock during the Civil War to the Union Army. The house was spared and still stands as a historical site. Cyrenius was born in 1822 and died 12 Jan. 1889 in La Grange, Ark. Hope this is of some help to you. Ed Beard
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
edwardbeard1 6 Sep 2003 11:57PM GMT 
butcharoo1 28 Oct 2006 1:26AM GMT 
ed beard 29 Oct 2006 5:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions