Search for content in message boards

Hynes/Hines in Galway to Philadelphia

Replies: 3

Hines,(spell)??

LaVon Boucher (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 3:48PM GMT
Please e-mail me and let me know the reason for the change in your spelling of your last name Hines? I find it most interesting, and my mother told me, as well as my grandmother that there was a change in the spelling of their last name when they came over from the old country as she put it.."their was some kind of a dispute and the family split; one went one way and the other went the other way. (with different spellings) I've been also told that the Hines name use to be "Heintz or Heinz" and we were connected to the "Heinz company that makes the pickles and ketsup???" Wasn't really totally convinced of this, as rumors do fly over years...but this one intriques me; this is my mother's side of the family.

I have pictures with no names and don't know if the names were not posted on the back "on purpose" because my mother said she threw away pictures of some relatives, pictures she said were there, or they could have been taken perhaps by someone in the family before..

I have searched the Heinz company and have a book about Mr Henry Heinz life before they came over..and it's all too interesting and some pictures are in the book, and there are some familiar words and phrases, yet I will not say for sure either way about this..because until there IS a connection, I will remain neutral on this question for now.

It's not the most important thing to me, but it does puzzle me; the name may be spelled totally different than I was told, so the errror could really confuse me..and I won't go this way..

I start with myself and go backwards; so there is no mistaken identities..

Please e-mail me; Attention; LaVon
tim.boucher@worldnet.att.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mag_psu 14 Apr 2000 10:52AM GMT 
LaVon Boucher 31 May 2000 9:48PM GMT 
PatriciaEvans... 23 May 2007 5:31AM GMT 
futrellr 6 Jun 2007 2:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions