Search for content in message boards

Linneous D. (L. D.) HOBSON

Replies: 0

Linneous D. (L. D.) HOBSON

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 7:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hobson
L. D. is my Great Grandfather. I am writing a biography about him. LD came from the Francis Hobson family of Ireland. I have a lot of information about his early years in Iowa, and I am getting information on his time in Denver CO. The final leg is California. Especially if you live there and have access to state records and newspaper archives I could use you help.

Here are the major questions I am trying to answer. In 1917 while in Denver he no longer listed himself as Lawyer. Was he disbarred or retired? He left Colorado for California in 1925. The 1930 Census shows him still married and living in a boarding house in LA, but his wife was working as a live-in maid in Hollywood. Mrs. Hobson had maids all her adult life, and never worked outside the house that I'm aware of.

So I am looking for any information especially from California, but I will also welcome Colorado, Iowa, and Ohio (Childhood). I am looking for newspaper articles, photos, license, obits, land records, birth, marriage or death certificates, and anything else I have not thought to cover.

Thank you for your time and your kind attention

Forrest Plumstead

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions