Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR INFO ON GRANDMOTHER

Replies: 30

HATTIE HODGES

CHESTER AND SUZI (WIFE) (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 3:53AM GMT
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY! AS FAR AS I KNOW HATTIE'S ONLY CHILD WAS MY HUSBANDS FATHER "LEO". WE'RE NOT EVEN SURE IF THAT WAS HIS GIVEN NAME AS WE CAN'T SEEN TO LOCATE IT ANYWHERE. HATTIE ( AGAIN, WAS THAT REALLY HER GIVEN NAME?) MARRIED A BENNETT.( IN ARKANSAS?) THEIR CHILD LEO MARRIED SOMEONE ( DID THEY DIVORCE OR DID SHE DIE?) AND HAD TWO GIRLS, WANDA AND GWEN. LEO MARRIED JUANITA (VENITA) FLEMMING AND THEY PRODUCED A SON, CHESTER LEO BENNETT. LEO HAD AN ACCIDENT AT WORK, BROKE HIS LEG AND GANGRENE SET IN AND HE DIED. LEOS MOTHER HATTIE MOVED IN WITH JUANITA TILL MANY YEARS LATER. MY HUSBAND REMEMBERS THAT SHE DID LIVE WITH HIM AFTER HE GOT MARRIED ( BY NOW, CHESTER WAS ADOPTED BY THE MAN THAT HIS MOTHER RE-MARRIED MR. JOHNSTON)THE LAST TIME THAT HE SAW HIS GRANDMOTHER, SHE WAS LIVING WITH ONE OF HIS HALF SISTERS GWEN OR WANDA AND SHE DIED IN THE 70'S . HE HASN'T SEEN THEM IN , WHAT, 30 YEARS? SO THEIR LAST KNOWN LAST NAMES WERE SMITH AND SAWYER. I THINK THAT THIS BUGS ME MORE THAN IT DOES HIM! CHESTER HAS 8 CHILDREN THAT WOULD LOVE TO KNOW JUST WHO THEIR ANCESTERS WERE! HE WAS TOLD THAT HATTIE WAS AN NATIVE AMERICAN PRINCESS AND THATS WHAT HE REMEBERS( AND SEVERAL NAMES THAT SHE WOULD CALL HIM!) I DO HAVE PICTURES OF HER!! BUT NONE OF MR. BENNETT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO SEND THEM TO YOU! GOT TO FOR NOW BUT LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU. SUZI
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CHESTER LEO JOHNSTON 31 Mar 2000 2:50PM GMT 
WINDSONG 3 Apr 2000 4:51PM GMT 
CHESTER AND SUZI (WIFE) 5 Apr 2000 9:53AM GMT 
windsong 5 Apr 2000 7:14PM GMT 
Linda F. Hennrich nee Hodges 20 Apr 2000 3:12PM GMT 
windsong 23 Apr 2000 9:46AM GMT 
Linda Hennrich nee Hodges 23 Apr 2000 11:45AM GMT 
Sam Ault 25 May 2000 10:19AM GMT 
MaryClyde_Mun... 27 Jun 2001 4:24AM GMT 
Gen_14_esp 9 Nov 2002 5:18PM GMT 
per page