Search for content in message boards

Hodges Ancestry

Replies: 2

Re: Hodges Ancestry

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 1:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodges, Lease, Huller, Pearsall, Fitzpatrick, Conn and Brelsford
You are very welcome. The whole story with all the genealogists researching Richard whom everyone thought was John is vast. In 1962 my aunt Pearl paid a professional genealogist who did a marvelous job finding the descendants of Richard, his children, and seven generations of grand-children. My aunt was happy with what she got. She was aware of the dead end with John Hodges. But it was many years after her death in 1970 before we learned his name was Richard. That was wonderful but the records in the United States on Richard Hodges born about 1725 were non-existent. As I learned and thought about the problem I decided he must have come in as a passenger between 1725 and 1744. That was a huge problem because I had no idea where to look for a passenger or bond servant list.
The new ideas with computer sharing have produced a miracle of ease for researching.
Ancestry.com is a large part of that miracle. It was a wonderful surprise finding Richard on that shipping list when Ancestry.com gave me two weeks free checks on ship passenger lists. After that I bought full access and have been finding all kinds of good evidence to support the ideas I have had to carry on.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
thetishbite01 12 Apr 2013 3:12AM GMT 
simslinda2010 17 Apr 2013 12:41AM GMT 
thetishbite01 17 Apr 2013 7:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions