Search for content in message boards

James Hogan of maine

Replies: 3

Hogans in Georgetown, Maine

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 4:41AM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2002 6:48AM GMT
I have no information about a James Hogan in Georgetown, but a handwritten page among other historical family documents mentions several other Hogans in my pedigree- possibly related. My gggrandfather, Benjamin Rowe, from Georgetown,Maine, married a Rachel Jane Hogan, daughter of David and Catherine Hogan. Here, my paper is not clear. This Catherine Hogan may have been the daughter of William Hogan and Rachel Jane Standish. Or, there may have been another generation in between (possibly a George Washington Bennett/Rachel Jane Hogan marriage?). Again, this is uncertain.The mentioned Rachel Jane Standish, however, is a direct descendant of Myles Standish (of Mayflower fame). Rachel Jane Standish was the daughter of Lemuel Standish,who was the son of David Standish, the son of Thomas Standish, the son of Alexander Standish, the son of Myles Standish! The mentioned Lemuel Standish moved to Bath, Maine, from the Bridgewater/Marshfield area of Massachusetts. He died in Bath in 1824. Unfortunately, I don't have many other dates to assign to these people, so I don't know exactly how far back these Hogans go in the Georgetown/Bath area, but it's quite possible they predated these people. Perhaps you have information that might clarify my lineage.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patti S Caswell 30 Apr 2000 7:58AM GMT 
skidrowe7650 5 Dec 2000 11:41AM GMT 
Patricia S. Caswell 29 Dec 2000 12:56PM GMT 
hoganwigmore 27 Dec 2010 4:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions