Search for content in message boards

George Tyler Hoge Family from Virginia to Colorado 1870s

Replies: 2

George Tyler Hoge Family from Virginia to Colorado 1870s

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 10:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOGE, JOHNSTON, CLEMENS, GILLILAND, YENTZER, MOORE
I am currently researching the family of George Tyler Hoge, the son of James Fulton and Eliza Johnston Hoge of Montgomery County, Virginia. The book, "The Genealogy of Hoge" states he went west to Colorado with his wife Ida (Moore) and they had issue:

Jane Hoge (Eliza Jane, b. Nov. 1879 in Colorado); Avis Hoge (b. Feb. 1881 in Colorado); and Nellie L. Hoge (b. Aug. 1886 in Colorado.) The book didn't mention their eldest daughter, Maud R. Hoge, born in August of 1878, in Boulder County, Colorado. George and Ida met and were married on November 21st 1876 in Boulder, Boulder County, Colorado. 1880 Census lists them living in Balarat, Boulder County, Colorado; 1900 Census has the family living in Jamestown, Boulder, Colorado. In 1910, all the daughters have moved on and George and Ida moved to La Junta, Otero County, Colorado (sim. for 1920 census.) No further evidence of George and Ida has been found, so I don't know their dates of death, but I assume it was in Otero County, Colorado.

As for the daughters, the Hoge book mentions Eliza Jane married a gentlemen named Gilliland; however by the 1910 census, she's into her 2nd marriage with Harold Yentzer in Union County, Oregon. Avis married William M. Clemens and maintained residence in Boulder, Colorado.

I am looking for any records on the remaining two daughters, Maud R. Hoge and Nellie L. Hoge. I cannot find Maud in any records after the 1900 census. Nellie L. Hoge moved to Oregon and was living with her sister Eliza Jane in Union County, Oregon in 1910.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wildlobo 28 Aug 2007 4:46PM GMT 
WALLING 13 Aug 2008 7:21PM GMT 
genealogy1279 18 Sep 2008 3:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions