Search for content in message boards

Hoge – Howe Family, Pulaski VA

Replies: 19

Re: Hoge – Howe Family, Pulaski VA

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 1:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOGE/HOWE
My husband is a 4th Great-Grandson of Daniel Howe. We have gone to the Dublin VA area 2-3 times to try and see the house. We were given directions by a family member, but were told that the cemetery is not accessible to the public---we have taken pix of the gate leading to the house etc, and from the road you can see buildings in the distance. There is a NO TRESPASSING sign by the entrance to the long drive leading to the homes. I am sending you the directions we received a few years ago to find the location of Sunnyside--they follow:

"If you want to get to the vicinity of the cemetery, take Route 100 north out of Dublin, Pulaski County, VA, to Highland Road (about 4 to 5 miles north of Dublin), turn right on Highland Rd, go about one and 1/2 miles, and you will see two old stone pillars and a gate on the north/left side of the road. We have attached a photo of this gate and the view into the valley. Sunnyside was across the valley, along Back Creek. You will probably need a detailed map to find these roads."

If you are interested, I can send you copies of the photos we were able to take, from the road. It is possible that by now the road, and therefore the cemetery, is more accessible, but I don't know how to find out that information.

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck!

Dianne Terrell

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bateswi 4 Jan 2011 6:38PM GMT 
WilliamTerrel... 4 Jan 2011 8:23PM GMT 
bateswi 4 Jan 2011 9:04PM GMT 
JimVailVA 5 Jan 2011 12:02AM GMT 
bateswi 5 Jan 2011 2:29AM GMT 
JimVailVA 5 Jan 2011 3:32AM GMT 
bateswi 5 Jan 2011 1:13PM GMT 
ThomasWilson1... 4 Aug 2011 4:15PM GMT 
bateswi 4 Aug 2011 6:09PM GMT