Search for content in message boards

Thomas HOLDER, Randolph Co. VA (WV) 1810

Replies: 6

Re: Thomas HOLDER, Randolph Co. VA (WV) 1810

Maxine (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2004 11:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOLDER, TETER, PURCELL
Philip, who is the other party on the receipt? Thomas Holder was appointed constable for Randolph Co. in 1787 at the formation of the county. The locations, i.e., Monongalia, then Harrison, then Randolph would follow the county's formation and Thomas Holder is listed in all three. His original land grant was filed in then Augusta Co. VA. Augusta was a huge area of Virginia and the northern part was called West Augusta District and included southwestern Pennsylvania. Many of the original settlers to SW Penna. thought they were in Virginia and considered themselves Virginians to their dying day.

What is the connection with Loudoun Co. VA? It might help to show where Thomas Holder was before arriving in WV. Thomas Holder's son, James, was born 1762 in Kent Co., Delaware and I'm missing their migration before Augusta Co.VA. There is some evidence they were in Pendleton Co.WV while it was still part of Augusta. A Thomas Holder was a witness to the will of George Teter in Pendleton, 1798. And Elizabeth Holder, d/o Thomas Holder Sr., married Jacob Teter, s/o George.

Have to find Thomas Holder's family! Son, James, moved to Wood Co. WV by 1830 to live with his son, Daniel. Son, Thomas, moved to Knox/Sullivan Co. IN by 1806. Little is known about son Thomas' children, though histories state he had 10. Where are they???? He married Nancy Purcell, d/o Edward, believed to be a second wife.

Any little clue may be a puzzle piece. Hope you can help!!
ANYBODY? I'm out on this precarious limb of the family tree with no one to rescue me! HELP!

Maxine
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Maxine Hobbs 18 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
PhilipGoff 17 Oct 2004 12:09PM GMT 
Maxine 19 Dec 2004 6:58PM GMT 
PGoff6966 19 Dec 2004 8:37PM GMT 
Maxine 20 Dec 2004 6:46PM GMT 
JanjayTex 16 Sep 2005 11:53PM GMT 
jayjantex92 16 Feb 2009 5:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions