Search for content in message boards

Walter and Nora May (Adams) Hood

Replies: 0

Walter and Nora May (Adams) Hood

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 6:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hood, Adams
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has information about Walter and Nora (Adams) Hood, especially any info on why they moved to Chinook, Montana and then back to Michigan. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to any wills, bibles, or family members that can give me an accurate description of events. I have heard stories of Native American heritage in the family and I’m wondering if this might be the connection. Here’s what I have:
• Walter is born in KY 06 Apr 1884 to Richard and Nancy Hood (he actually has a sister named Nora as well, so don’t let that confuse you).
• The 1910 Census has him living in Michigan (with his Aunt & Uncle’s family, Covert).
• 16 Sep 1912 Walter (28yrs) marries Nora May Adams (18yrs) in Lake City, Missaukee, Michigan.
o Nora was born in Michigan on 05 Sep 1894 to George Walter Adams and Lauretta Eggleston and lived in various towns in MI up to this event.
• Walter and Nora have two children in Michigan, Myrtle and Clyde. Clyde is the youngest and was born abt 1916. So, they were still in MI around 1916.
• The 1920 Census has the four of them living in Chinook, Blaine, Montana.
• Walter and Nora have their third child shortly afterwards, Aletha Agnes Hood, born 12 Aug 1920 in Chinook, Blaine, Montana. This info is fairly accurate. I received this from a few obits and family members.
• But, on 27 Jul 1925, Bernard W Hood was born, but I believe he was born in MI. The 1930 Census has the six of them living in McMillan, Luce, Michigan.

If anyone can shed some light on this time frame, I’d appreciate it. While I’ve heard stories of Native American heritage on both sides of my family (as I’m sure many of us have), I can say that Nora Hood has been a consistent name that comes up when talking about it.

Take Care

SC

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions