Search for content in message boards

Martha Jane Fodrill (Nelson) from Patrick County, Virginia

Replies: 0

Martha Jane Fodrill (Nelson) from Patrick County, Virginia

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fodrill, Nelson
I have been searching for so long, and have had no results in finding anyone else with the name Fodrill in Patrick County, Virginia, even though the records show she was born in Patrick County, Virginia. Martha Jane was 1/2 Sioux and 1/2 White. I found her living with Thomas Lambert and his wife, Melanie Lambert when she was 8 years old on the 1860 Census. They had Melanie Lambert's father, Isaac Thompson, born 11/17/1774 in Maryland, living with them and their children, Lucinda Lambert, born 1849, Columbus F. Lambert, born 1843, and Martha Fodrill, my Great-Grandmother, who had initially been listed by her married name on the Census Record, as Martha Jane Nelson, in the 1850 Census. She and her husband, my Great-Grandfather, moved to Wilkes Militia #165, sometime before 1870, and already had an 8-year old child, Mary Ellen, John Henry Nelson, 5, Sarah Frances Nelson, age 3, and an un-named infant, who is Martha Jane, 7 months old. If anyone could tell me something about my ancestor's name, kindly let me know.

Find a board about a specific topic