Search for content in message boards

Timothy Horan & Ann Callagy

Replies: 0

Timothy Horan & Ann Callagy

Posted: 11 Feb 2010 6:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CALLAGY : DELANEY : DONOHUE : HORAN : MADDEN
I'm looking for the home of my Great Grandfather in Ireland. His name was Timothy Horan. He married Ann Callagy from Killimor, Co. Galway. Ann was baptised the 1st of June, 1843 in Killimor. Her father was Pat Callagy and her mother was Mary Donohue. Timothy and Ann were married in Salford, England in 1872 and raised their family in Hoyland Nether, Elsecar, in Yorkshire England. They migrated to NYC in 1885. Of the 8 children only 2 made it to adulthood, James Patrick and William. James married Margaret Delaney of Williamstown, Co. Galway in NYC and William remained single. Timothy's father may have been either Patrick or Thomas Horan married to a Bridget (Delia) Madden around 1835. Timothy was supposedly born near Portumna, between 1846 and 1849, but I have been unable to locate him in the Church records for the area. I have reason to believe he may have had a brother Thomas and perhaps a sister Mary. The family may have crossed the river and been in either Lorrha or Dorrha in Tipperary or perhaps Birr in Kings Co. The records seem scarce for those counties. Any help would be appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic