Dominic Moran and wife Honor Horan, Sinnolane, County Mayo

Replies: 10

Re: Dominic Moran and wife Honor Horan, Sinnolane, County Mayo

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 10:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Mike,
I think your GG Grandmother Mary Shannon was a sister to my
GG Grandmother Ellen Shannon.
My Grandmother was born Mary Ellen Moran Bacup 1897, her Mother was Mary Ann Moran nee McManus born 1876 Aughmore co Mayo (as stated on 1911 English census)baptised Kilmovee. She married her Husband John Moran in Bacup 1896. That takes us back to her Mother who was Ellen McManus nee Shannon born 1842 and married John McManus a baker in 1872 Kilmovee. She died there in 1880. My Grandmother's family left Bacup in 1901 to live in Newcastle upon Tyne Northumberland.
There are lots of Morans and McManuses in Bacup at the time of the 1891/1901/1911 census some of whom are think are related to my family. Here are some addresses I have for them.
My G Grandmother Mary Ann McManus was married from 7, Allen Street her Husband John Moran was living at 3 Sandhole Row Stacksteads. Mr Grandmother was born at 4, Slackbottom Bacup 1897,her sister Catherine was born at 5, Taylor Holme in 1898 and they were there a year later when Catherine died.
I live in Portsmouth on the south coast of England
Eileen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eileenkelly58 25 Feb 2013 5:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions