Search for content in message boards

How, Howe, Howse, Howes all cousins?

Replies: 2

How, Howe, Howse, Howes all cousins?

Posted: 5 Jul 2008 8:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Howes,How,Howse,Howe
Hi Folks, in my genealogical search of my Thomas Howes 1580 - I have found mis-spelling by town and court clerks - many times in same document! Now, listen up!

I am Al Howes V.P. of the Howes Family Association and with 20th Gen. "Cuz" Paul Howes of Norfolk, England (found through DNA) have been working together over the past few months to plan a DNA project. The aims of the project are:

1 - to establish the English roots of Thomas Howes, who emigrated to America in 1637

2 - to help individual Howes, Howse,Howe,How family members break through brick walls in their research

3 - to bring together Howes families from around the world, and add to the sum of knowledge about our family

4 - to examine whether there are common roots between Howes, Howse and Howe families

We have just obtained a 50% discount voucher for DNA testing kits from a commercial service. Yes, that's half-off, but the vouchers are valid only until July 30, 2008. So you will need to make a quick decision to benefit from this special offer.

A few words about DNA testing: it's a simple swab, which you rub around your mouth for a few moments and then mail back. The supplier then sends you an email some weeks later with the URL to your test results. Those results

will be available to my English cousin Paul, and myself, as administrators of the site, but you will not have to disclose your identity to us. Once you have your own DNA test results, you can do your own searches on the suppliers and other sites to find matches. I can provide anyone interested with a lot more information on the usefulness of testing if desired.

If you are interested in using the discount voucher, please write to me off-list. I will send you more background on the project, DNA testing and the voucher ID. This is all volunteer, no money for us - only the testing company.

Many thanks in advance - Good Luck and Good Hunting
'Cuz' Al Howes, Co-Administrator Howes DNA Project
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cuzal 5 Jul 2008 2:03PM GMT 
davewickbower... 5 Nov 2008 9:26PM GMT 
truckergb64 23 May 2012 9:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic