My Scottish Hoy information...my file so far

Replies: 4

My Scottish Hoy information...my file so far

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 10:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
I hope someone can make a connection...here goes

Descendants of James Hoy

Generation No. 1

1. JAMES1 HOY was born Abt. 1748. He married ANNE WANDLES (Source: James Hoy's death cert.) Bef. 1768. She was born Abt. 1748.

More About JAMES HOY and ANNE WANDLES:
Marriage: Bef. 1768

Children of JAMES HOY and ANNE WANDLES are:
2. i. JAMES2 HOY, b. Abt. 1768; d. August 05, 1855.
ii. MARGARET HOY, m. PETER BALBIRNIE, January 01, 1796, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.

Notes for MARGARET HOY:
Found her in a file submitted to the Mormans, the file also listed Peter Hoy and Elizabeth Balbirnie

Marriage Notes for MARGARET HOY and PETER BALBIRNIE:
1 Jan 1796 HOY MARGRET PETER BALBIRNIE FR1080 F 307/00 0003

More About PETER BALBIRNIE and MARGARET HOY:
Marriage: January 01, 1796, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

Generation No. 2

2. JAMES2 HOY (JAMES1) (Source: Peters death reg.) was born Abt. 1768, and died August 05, 1855. He married HELEN BALBIRNIE (Source: Husband's death record and will.) March 24, 1789 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland. She was born September 1770, and died July 27, 1841 in Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.

Notes for JAMES HOY:
James Hoy's will
(Written on the side James Hoy, tailor at Pitempton in the united parishes of Mains and Strathmartine and County of Forfar, Died on or about 5 August 1855, ?odged 20 August 1855 Stamp 11 pounds)

At Dundee the twentieth day of August eighteen hundred and fifty five. In presence of John Irving Henderson, esquire advocate Commissary Depute of Forfarshire Dundee, District Compeared Mr. George Milne ???? Dundee and gave in the inventory and oath and trust disposition afterwritten to be recorded in the Commissary Court Books of the Dundee District of Forfarshire inter??s of law and whereof the ???follows, Inventory of the personal estate of James Hoy, Tailor at Pitempton in the United parishes of Mains and Strathmartine and county of Forfar, who died in or about the fifth day of August Eighteen hundred and fifty five years.

Primo-Value of the deceased's household furniture, bed and table, Linen and Weaving Apparel ?? per inventory and valuation by John Martin Banks Licensed Appraiser Dundee 21ponds-2-3

Secundo- Cash in the Dundee Bank at the time of deceased's death 428 pounds
Bank interests accrued thereon 4-3-2 = 432 pounds-13-2

Tertio- Proportion of ??ents of heritable properties in Hilltown and Scouringburn, Dundee from fifteenth May to fifth August Eighteen Hundred and fifty five :time of decease 7 pound -12-0

Total 401 pound-7-5-

(Signed) William Hoy, D. McLachlan at Dundee the seventeenth day of August Eighteen hundred and fifty five years. In presence of Duncan McLachlan Esquire Commissary Depute of the Commissariot of Forfarshire Compeared William Hoy, Tailor at Pitempton, son of the said deceased, James Hoy, who being solemnly sworn and escam?ned Depones that the said James Hoy, his father, died on or about the fifth day of August Eighteen hundred and fifty five and that the deponent, along with his brother, Peter Hoy, residing at Coldside, near Dundee and James Allan, Weaver at Strathmartine, have entered upon the possession and management of the deceased's personal and movable estate in virtue of a Trust Disposition and Deed of Settlement containing Nomination of Executors, executed by him on the twenty sixth day of July Eighteen hundred and thirty nine in favor of his three sons and the husband of his daughter; namely James Hoy, who predeceased his father; the deponent the said Peter Hoy and James Allan as Trustees for the purposes therein mentioned, which Trust Disposition and Deed of Settlement is now exhibited by the Deponent and signed by him and the Commissary Depute as relative hereto; That the Deponent does not know of any other settlement or writing relative to the disposal of the deceased's personal estate and effects or any part thereof other than non exhibited, that the foregoing inventory which is also signed by the Deponent and the said Commissary Depute as relative hereto is a full and true inventory of all the personal or moveable Estate and effects of the said deceased, James Hoy, the elder, wheresoever situated known to be ?esting, belonging or due to him beneficially at the time of his death; and that the value of the said estate situated in Scotland is of the value of four hundred and fifty pounds and under the value of five hundred pounds; all which is truth as the deponent shall answer to God (signed, William Hoy, D. Mc Lachlan)

I. James Hoy, tailor at Pitempton being desirous to settle my affairs Do hereby Give Grant Assign Dispone and convey to and infavor of James Hoy, Peter Hoy, and William Hoy, my three sons and James Allan Weaver at Strathmartine, husband of my daughter, Janet Hoy, and to the acceptors or acceptor survivors or survivor of them, the major part alive and accepting at the time being always a ????, as trustees and in trust for the ends, uses, and purposes aftermentioned and to the assignees of my said trustees or trusteor ?entably and unredeemably All and whole the southmost shop in the front Tenement of land which belonged to Andrew Low, Manufacturer in Hilltown of Dundee with the two flats and Garret above the same, all of equal size with the shops together with the Eastmost half of the Backhouse immediately behind the same as divided from the other half of the said house by an entry and stair which are to be the property of the said Andrew Low and his successors and my said trustees-Declaring that the stone stair although on the half hereby disponed, shall together with the timber stair and entry be mutual in all time coming, lying the said shop flats, Garret and the half of the backhouse on the Westside of the Hillton of Dundee and bounded by the Hillton road on the East; by the roods sometime of the deceased Thomas Beaton afterwards of the heirs of David Sontar on the Sont??; By the other half of the said backhouse on the west, and by a mutual Gable Wall and open close on the North parts and which subjects are built on part of the southmost of these three roods of land purchased by the said Andrew Low from the stairs of Charles Bathie, Carter in Dundee; Together also with five lineal falls of the westmost part of the said southmost rood of ground purchased by the said Andrew Low from the stairs of the said Charles Bathie and extending the whole breadth of said rood; lying on the Westside of said Hillton and bounded by the remainder of the said rood on the east; by the rood belonging to the heirs of David Soutan on the south; by the acres of Dudhope on the west; and by the roods of land belonging now or formerly to the said Andrew Low on the North parts. Together with free?? And entry to the premises by the common close as at present and privileges and liberty to use the footpath on the said roods to the said five falls of ground as also all and whole that piece of ground consisting of about fourteen falls with the Houses and others built thereon which piece of ground is part of that yard at the Scouringburn ?ene? out to Robert Guthrie, Weaver at Scouringburn by David Hunter of Blackness; bounded the said subjects last above disponed by the march between them and the land formerly possessed by James ?euchars afterwards belonging to the heirs of James Thinner, weaver on the east; by the common ground on road leading to and from the well on the north; by march stones infixed betwixt the ground formerly belonging to the said Robert Guthrie afterwards to the heirs of William Barries and the subjects hereby disponed on the west, and by the road leading from Dundee to Coupar Angus on the south parts; together with a proportional share of the well and the said road or ground about it eff??ring to the remainder of said yard and the subjects hereby disponed. My said disponees being bound to pay a proportional share of the expense of upholding and repairing the said well along with the other proprietors of said yard, together with the undivided half of the road on the west of said subjects from the highway as far north as the north corner of the forehouse which half is included in the said measurement as also with the tends parsonage and vicarage of the said subjects last above disponed lying in the parish of (*there is a large empty spot here, as if it were to be filled in later) and Sheriffdom of Forfar; together with the whole parts privileges and pertinents of the said several subjects before disponed and all right title and interest which I have or can claim thereto. As also all and Sundry then lands and heritages and all Goods, Gear debts and sums of money heritable and movable household furniture and plenishing bed and table linen and generally the whole means and estate heritable and movable of every description and denomination and wheresoever situated that shall belong to meet the time of my death, with the whole writs and evidents vouchers and instructions of said heritable and movable means and estate; but declaring always that these presents are granted by me in trust only, for the ends uses and purposes following. First for payment of all my just and lawful debts and death; bed and funeral expenses and the necessary expenses of executing the present trust. Secondly I appoint my trustees to wind up my affairs as soon after my death as they conveniently can and to allow Mrs. Helen Balbirnie my widow the life?ent use and enjoyment of the whole trust funds for her lifevent use allenanly. Thirdly after the death of my wife said widow, I appoint my trustees to divide the whole trust funds heritable and movable into four equal shares, one whereof will belong to each of my sons before named, and one to my daughter also before named and failing any of them by death leaving issue, such issue shall succeed to their parents share equally and failing any of them by death without issue, the share of the deceased shall belong to my surviving children and the issue of any of them predeceasing as afore said. Fourthly for carrying the above appointment into effect, I hereby empower my trustees to divide the said trust funds into four lots either in such shares as may be agreed upon among the different parties interested there in, or as may be fixed upon by neutral persons of skill appointed by said trustees and to deliver or convey over the same ??terms of such allotment or if they find it necessary. I empower them to convert the same into cash, and divide the free proceeds thereof as before specified. Fifthly, if any of my sons or my son in law shall happen to be in embarrassed circumstances at the time of the death of the longest liver of me and my said spouse, such son shall, if my set trustees shall see it fit, only be entitled to the free annual income of his share during his lifetime as that merely as an alimentary provision not liable for his debts or deeds or subject to the diligence of his creditors and in the case of my son in law being in such circumstances, then the share falling to my daughter shall be independent ??? mariti and debts and deeds and diligence of his creditors and if every such case the share of the f?? or principal of the trust funds which would otherwise have fallen to the person in such circumstances shall on his or her death belong equally to his or her children. In which several subjects specially before disponed, I bind and oblige and seize the said trustees in trust as aforesaid and their foresaid and that by ??? several infe??ments and manners of holding a mevelde me in commonform and either by registration or confirmation or both, the one without prejudice of the other and for completing the said infe??ment by registration I oblige myself and foresaids to make subserv?be and deliver all deeds and writings which may be requested and necessary. More over I do hereby make and constitutemy said trustees in trust as aforesaid and their foresaids my lawful cessioners and assignees not only in and to the whole writs and l?idents of said several subjects before disponded but also in and to the whole rents, mails, and duties thereof from and after my death; and further I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint the said James Hoy, Peter Hoy, William Hoy, and James Allan and the acceptors and acceptor survivors or survivor of them to be my sole and only executors and universal intromitters with my whole moveable means and estate with full power to them to give up inventories there of and to confirm the same if needful declaring that neither as trustees non executors shall they be liable for omissions on dilidence of any kind non one for the other but each for his own actual intromissions only as the same shall be instructed by his writ or oath. And this I declare to be my last will and testament and I revoke and recall all former settlements executed by me of date the thirteenth day of March Eighteen hundred and twenty six-declaring however that if from any cause these presents shall prove in effective that then the said trust disposition and deed of settlement shall be valid so that in no even the succession shall open to my heirs at law. Reserving always my own liferent use enjoyment of the whole premises and full power to me at any time of my life and even on deathbed to alter innovate or revoke these presents in whole or in part. But declaring that the same in sofar as not alter by a writing under my hand shall be valid and effectual though found lying in my own rep??tories or in the custody of any other person for my behoof undelivered at the time of my death with the delivery where of I do hereby dispence forever. And I consent to the registration hereof?? The books of council and Le??ion or others competent therein to ???? for preservation and thereto constitute.
My Procurators ??? Moreover I do hereby desine and require you and each of you jointly and severally my Bailies in that part hereby specially constituted that on sight hereof ye pass to the ground of the said several subjects before disponed respectively and successively after others and there give and deliver heritable state and sasine real actual and corporal possession of all and whole the said several subjects specially before disponed, lying bounded and described as aforesaid and here held as repeated brevelatis causa with the whole parts privileges and pertinsuits there of to the said James Hoy, Peter Hoy, William Hoy, and James Allan and the acceptors or acceptor survivors or survivor of them the major part alive and accepting at the time being always a ????????? as trustees foresaid and to them on his foresaids and that by delivery to them oror him or to their or his certain attorney or attornies in their or his name bear??? Hereof of earth and stone of and upon the ground of the said several subjects respectfully and successively after others, for the said subjects themselves, a handful of grass or corn for the tilnds of the said subjects secondly before disponed and all of their symbols usual and necessary; and this in now serve leave undone which to do so hereby commit to you and each of youfull power by this my precept of sasine directed to you for that effect. In witness thereof I have subser?bed these presents written on this and the two preceeding pages of stamped paper by Alexander Boyd Clerk to Shaw and Thomson, writers in Dundee at Dundee the twenty sixth day of July Eighteen hundred and thirthy nine before these witnesses Walter Shaw, I ???? apprentice to said Shaw and Thomson this testing clause from and after the words in witness whereof having been inserted by the said Walter Shaw Junior (signed) James Hoy, Walter Shaw witness Walter Shaw Junior Dundee 17th August 1855
Mother: Ann Hoy; maiden name Wandles
Souse: Helen Balbirnie: deceased
Issue in order of birth, their names and ages: James (deceased at 50 in 1846); Janet age 62; Peter age 60; William age 57; Jane (deceased at 18 months in 1799)
When died: 1855 August 5th 11hrs 0mn A.M.
Where died: Piempton Parish of Strathmartine
Cause of Death: Infirmities of Old Age, not certified
Burial Place: Strathmartine Burying Ground as certified by Walter Nicols, sexton
Informant: William Hoy (his son)
Point to remeber-His death record says that his mom was Ann Wandles...and writes about Andrew Low, his next door nieghbor in his will...Andrew Low's mom was Anne Wanless...I woulder if they were related. Also there is a James Low who married Elizabeth Hoy who had children in the very late 1700s is this James's sister?

Notes for HELEN BALBIRNIE:
I have a slim booklet called Strathmartine Graveyard Inscriptions.

Do you have this inscription? it might be of interest.
"1841 Erected by JAMES HOY in memory of his spouse HELEN BALBIRNE who died
27 July 1841 aged 70 years and 10m."

Another churchyard in the area was at Trottick, but I don't seem to have the
book of inscriptions for that one.

Tina

_______
Balbirnie House
The Estate was first referred to back in 1312 when its owner, John de Balbrennie, a follower of Robert the Bruce was made responsible for the defense of Dundee against a possible attack from King Edward of England
In 1642 the house was purchased by an old Scottish family, the Balfours which kept the house for many generations during which it was added-to and took its current design in 1777. If walls could talk, they could tell quite a story, as this establishment featured house guests who were like a Who's Who of Scotland and Britain.

More About HELEN BALBIRNIE:
Burial: July 1841, Strathmartine Graveyard, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

Marriage Notes for JAMES HOY and HELEN BALBIRNIE:
Did not find marriage-used soundex for name Hoy...no James and a Balirnie lised 1789 to 1797
The reason it could not be found is because his marriage is recorded as
24 Mar 1789 HOUIE JAMES HELEN BERNIE FR1076 M MAINS AND STRATHMARTIN 307/00 0003
Son Williams death record also gives her name as Helen Balbirnie

did not find a marriage record in Mains and Strathmartine...these are the only found so far
1. ELIZABETH BALBIRNIE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Marriage: 21 FEB 1751 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (married george Haswell)

2. GEORGE BALBIRNIE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 07 DEC 1752 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

3. JANET BALBIRNIE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Marriage: 02 MAY 1792 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

4. JOHN BALBIRNIE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 24 APR 1723 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

5. JOHN BALBIRNIE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 14 SEP 1773 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

6. PETER BALBIRNIE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 01 JAN 1796 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (married margaret Hoy)

7. JAMES BALBIRNE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 11 NOV 1795 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

8. JAMES BALBIRNIE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 25 FEB 1797 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

9. MARITT BALBIRNIE - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Marriage: 04 AUG 1695 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

More About JAMES HOY and HELEN BALBIRNIE:
Marriage: March 24, 1789, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

Children of JAMES HOY and HELEN BALBIRNIE are:
3. i. PETER3 HOY, b. 1795; d. September 21, 1875, District of St. Clement in the Burgh Dundee, Scotland.
4. ii. WILLIAM HOY, b. 1798; d. September 21, 1879, Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.
5. iii. JAMES HOY, b. 1796, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland; d. 1846.
6. iv. JANET HOY, b. 1793, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland; d. 1868, Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.
v. JANE HOY (Source: Father's death cert.), b. 1798, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Father's death cert, says she was 18 months when she died in 1799.); d. 1799, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Father's death cert.).

Generation No. 3

3. PETER3 HOY (JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: (1) Alexander's death cert., (2) George Hoys birth reg., (3) Father's will and death cert.) was born 1795 (Source: (1) Peters death reg, said age 80., (2) Father's death cert, says he was 60 when his father died in 1855.), and died September 21, 1875 in District of St. Clement in the Burgh Dundee, Scotland. He married ELIZABETH IRELAND (Source: George Hoy's birth reg.) June 21, 1819 in Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: (1) LDS., (2) Peter and Elizabeth Hoy's marriage reg.). She was born Abt. 1798, and died Bef. 1864 (Source: Scotlands People web site, No record of her death between 1855 and 1873 in Mains and Strathmartin.).

Notes for PETER HOY:
Searching for just the name Peter in all Mains and Strathmartine in Christenings 1635-1819 there is not one with a close hit to Hoy
The only Peters listed that were born close to his birth year are:
Peter Millar Christened Nov 7, 1789 parents John Millar and Janet Nimmo
Peter Wilson Christened July 26, 1792 to Peter and Ann Robert Hoy
Peter Boyack Christened Feb 16, 1800 to James and Margaret Scott Boyack
So either James did not have Peter in Mains and Strathmartine, he had a different last name, or none of his children were recorded
Widow of Elizabeth Ireland
1875 September 21
1 hr 30mn PM
353 Loons Road Dundee
Male age 80
Father: James Hoy (Tailor) deceased
Mother: Elizabeth Hoy nee Balbirnie deceased
Cause of Death: Old Age with many infirmities
Informant: David Hoy-son

Christening: 09 AUG 1835 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland
how is this Peter related to ours?
Also found him with spelling Howie-had daughter Jane 2/20/1839
1818 HAY ALEXANDER PETER HAY/AGNES STEWART FR2454 M GLASGOW
1820 HAY ALEXANDER PETER HAY/SUSAN THOMSON FR3536 M DUNFERMLINE 424/00 012* No Image
1821 HAY ALEXANDER PETER HAY/HELEN CROOKSTONE FR1547 M TRANENT

Notes for ELIZABETH IRELAND:
Married in Angus, born in Angus?

Birth: 10 JUL 1798
Christening: 12 JUL 1798 Dundee, Angus, Scotland
FATHER:JAMES IRELAND
Mother: JEAN STIVEN

Marriage Notes for PETER HOY and ELIZABETH IRELAND:
Extract of entries in an Old parochial Register
Parish of Mains and Strathmartin County of Angus (Forfar) (also Dundee)
Register of proclaimations 1819
June 21st
Peter Hoy and Elizabeth Ireland both of this Parish were regularly proclaimed in order to marriage and no objections offered

More About PETER HOY and ELIZABETH IRELAND:
Marriage: June 21, 1819, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: (1) LDS., (2) Peter and Elizabeth Hoy's marriage reg.)

Children of PETER HOY and ELIZABETH IRELAND are:
7. i. ALEXANDER4 HOY, b. Abt. 1821; d. March 06, 1873, St. Giles, Edinburgh Scotland.
ii. ELIZABETH HOY (Source: LDS, About 1835 <Dundee,1st District,Forfarangus, , , Scotland>.), b. December 09, 1835, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI, Old Parish Records Just say Hoy child of Peter.); d. October 06, 1864, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death Cert.).

Notes for ELIZABETH HOY:
1864 HOY ELIZABETH IRELAND F 29 DUNDEE FIRST DISTRICT ANGUS 282/01 1145

1864 Deaths in the 1st District of the Burgh of Dundee in the County of Forfar
Elizabeth Hoy-Dess maker
1864 October 6th
Hoysland (could be Boysland or Roysland), Coldside, Dundee
female age 29 years
Father-Peter Hoy-Dyers Labourer
Mother Elizabeth Hoy nee Ireland deceased
Informant-Peter Hoy not present

iii. UNNAMED HOY (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.), b. April 16, 1838, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.); d. April 16, 1838, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.).

Notes for UNNAMED HOY:
have to order birth

8. iv. GEORGE HOY, b. January 05, 1836, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.
9. v. DAVID HOY, b. 1834.
10. vi. JAMES HOY, b. October 26, 1819; d. February 07, 1872, St. Mary's, Angus, Scotland.
11. vii. WILLIAM HOY, b. Abt. 1832, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
viii. UNNAMED HOY, b. December 09, 1835, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland; d. December 09, 1835, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.

Notes for UNNAMED HOY:
From Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine
HOY
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 09 DEC 1835 Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

Christening:
Death: 09 DEC 1835

Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: PETER HOY Family

4. WILLIAM3 HOY (JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: Father's will and death record.) was born 1798 (Source: Father's death cert, says William was 57 when James died in 1855.), and died September 21, 1879 in Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.). He married ISABELLA ALLAN (Source: LDS IGI.) July 21, 1822 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.), daughter of RENNIE. She was born 1801, and died 1855 in Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.).

Notes for WILLIAM HOY:

His will
Hoy William 18/2/1880 sen., Tailor and Clothier, Pitempton, Parish of Mains and Strathmartine, County of Forfar, d. 21/09/1879 at Pitempton, intestate Dundee Sheriff Court
Widower of Isabella Allan)
1879 September tentyfirst
7hrs 0min P.M.
Burnside of Pitempton
Male 82 years
Father-James Hoy-Tailor
Mother Helen Hoy nee Balbirnie
Informant William Hoy-son present

Notes for ISABELLA ALLAN:
Death-1855 HOY ISABELLA RENNIE F 54 STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0002

More About WILLIAM HOY and ISABELLA ALLAN:
Marriage: July 21, 1822, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.)

Children of WILLIAM HOY and ISABELLA ALLAN are:
i. GEORGE4 HOY (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.), b. November 06, 1827, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.).

More About GEORGE HOY:
Christening: November 20, 1827, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.)

ii. ELIZABETH HOY (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.), b. November 28, 1825, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.).
12. iii. WILLIAM HOY, b. February 26, 1824, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland; d. 1883, Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.

5. JAMES3 HOY (JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: Father's death record and will.) was born 1796 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Father's death cert.), and died 1846. He married MARY ANN HOGGANS (Source: LDS IGI.) December 06, 1813 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.).

Notes for JAMES HOY:
Found him in a file submitted to the Mormans, the file also listed Peter Hoy and Elizabeth Balbirnie

More About JAMES HOY and MARY HOGGANS:
Marriage: December 06, 1813, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.)

Children of JAMES HOY and MARY HOGGANS are:
i. JANE4 HOY (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.), b. April 23, 1820, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth index.); d. 1860.

More About JANE HOY:
Census: April 23, 1820, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.)

ii. ELIZABETH HOY (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.), b. April 09, 1828, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth record.).

More About ELIZABETH HOY:
Census: April 09, 1828, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.)

13. iii. JAMES HOY, b. November 10, 1833, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.
iv. AGNEST HOY (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.), b. November 09, 1822, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth record.).

More About AGNEST HOY:
Census: November 09, 1822, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.)

14. v. ROBERT HOY, b. February 28, 1836, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.
vi. HELEN HOY, b. Abt. 1814 (Source: Death rec.); d. 1855, Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.).

Notes for HELEN HOY:
1855 HOY HELEN HOGGANS F 41 STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0013

6. JANET3 HOY (JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: (1) Father's will., (2) Father's death cert.) was born 1793 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Father's death cert, says she was 62 when father died.), and died 1868 in Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.). She married JAMES ALLAN (Source: (1) LDS IGI., (2) Janet's father's will.) February 02, 1817 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.).

Notes for JANET HOY:
HOY JANET F 75 STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0004

More About JAMES ALLAN and JANET HOY:
Marriage: February 02, 1817, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.)

Children of JANET HOY and JAMES ALLAN are:
i. ISOBEL4 ALLAN, b. December 07, 1821.
ii. MARY ANN HOY ALLAN, b. April 17, 1834, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.

More About MARY ANN HOY ALLAN:
Christening: April 28, 1834, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

iii. HELEN FITCHIE ALLAN, b. June 16, 1829.

More About HELEN FITCHIE ALLAN:
Christening: June 21, 1829, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

iv. PETER ALLAN, b. January 10, 1832.

More About PETER ALLAN:
Christening: January 18, 1832, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

v. JAMES ALLAN, b. April 1820.

More About JAMES ALLAN:
Christening: April 07, 1820, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

vi. DAVID ALLAN, b. December 14, 1824, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland.
vii. ALEXANDER ALLAN, b. October 31, 1836.

More About ALEXANDER ALLAN:
Christening: November 20, 1836, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland

Generation No. 4

7. ALEXANDER4 HOY (PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born Abt. 1821, and died March 06, 1873 in St. Giles, Edinburgh Scotland. He married JESSE MCLEISH May 05, 1845 in High Church Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: Marriage reg of Alexander and Jessie Hoy.), daughter of CHARLES MCLEISH and ELIZABETH FOULIS. She was born November 24, 1823 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: Jessie's birth Reg.), and died June 27, 1878 in St. Giles, West Bow, Edinburgh, Lanark, Scotland (Source: Jessie's death reg.).

Notes for ALEXANDER HOY:
Extract of entries in an Old Parochial Register
Parish of Edinburgh County of Midlothian (Edinburgh)
Births and Baptisms dated 19 December 1854
Alexander Hoy, tailor, and Jessie McLeish his spouse had.....
A lawful son born at No 1 Milne Square, High Church parish, on the 14th day of December 1846, named Charles
A lawful daughter born at same place and parish on the 30th day of April 1848 named Jessie
A lawful daughter born at same place and parish on the 29th day of October 1849 named Elizabeth
A lawful daughter born at same place and parish on the 11th day of November 1852 named Helen
A lawful daughter born at same place and parish on the 31st day of May 1854 named Margaret
(could have been more but only sent this one page)
Married to Jessie McLeish
Died 1873 March 6th
7hour 30 min PM
No. 87 West Bow, Edinburgh
Male Age: 52
Father: Peter Hoy Occupation: Dyer living
Mother: Elizabeth Hoy nee Ireland deceased
Cause of Death: Congestion of Brain
Informant: Charles Hoy-Son-87 West Bow, Edinburgh

Notes for JESSE MCLEISH:
Extract of entries in an Old Parochial Register
Parish of St. Cuthbert's County of Midlothian (Edinburgh)
dated 19 February 1924
Charles McLeish, Coach Driver, Carnegie Street, and Elizabeth Foulis, his spouse, had a daughter born on Twenty Forth November last named Jessie
(widow of Alexander Hoy, tailor)
1878 June twenty seventh
9hr 20 mn PM
No 87 West Bow, Edinburgh
age 53
Father Charles McLeish, coachman deceased
Mother Elizabeth McLeish nee Foulis deceased
Cause of Death... Brain disease
Witness... Charles Hoy, son, present

Marriage Notes for ALEXANDER HOY and JESSE MCLEISH:
Extract of Entries in an Old parochial Register
Parish of Edinburgh County of Midlothia (Edinburgh)
Register of Marriages for 1845
Alexander Hoy, Tailor, residing in Milnes Square, High Church parish, and jessie McLeish, residing same place and parish, daughter od Charles McLeish, coachman, have been three times proclaimed in order to Marriage in the Parish Church of High Church and no objections have been offered.
Edinburgh 5th May 1845

More About ALEXANDER HOY and JESSE MCLEISH:
Marriage 1: May 05, 1845, High Church Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: Marriage reg of Alexander and Jessie Hoy.)
Marriage 2: May 04, 1845, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: Church Record, LDS, Edinburgh, Scotland.)

Children of ALEXANDER HOY and JESSE MCLEISH are:
15. i. CHARLES5 HOY, b. December 14, 1846, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; d. March 15, 1902, St. George, Edinburgh, Scotland.
16. ii. JESSIE HOY, b. April 30, 1848, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; d. December 06, 1901, Newington, Edinburgh, Scotland.
17. iii. ELIZABETH HOY, b. October 29, 1849, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.
iv. HELEN HOY, b. November 11, 1852, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: (1) LDS microfiche., (2) Reg of Births Edinburgh.); m. JOHN MOFFAT, April 20, 1877, St. Giles, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: Marriage record.); b. Abt. 1852.

Marriage Notes for HELEN HOY and JOHN MOFFAT:
1877 marriages in the district of St. Giles, Edinburgh
1877 on the 20th of April at No. 87 Victoria Street, Edinburgh
Signed John Moffat, surgical instument maker, bachelor-23-687 No 87 (could be 687) Victoria Street-Father John Moffat, deceased-Mother Mary Moffat nee Doddsa???, deceased
Signed Helen Hoy, spinster-age 23-Father Alexander Hoy tailor, deceased-Mother Jessie Hoy nee McLeish
witnessed by Walter Moffat and Elizabeth Hoy

More About JOHN MOFFAT and HELEN HOY:
Marriage: April 20, 1877, St. Giles, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: Marriage record.)

v. MARGARET HOY, b. May 31, 1854, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: (1) LDS microfiche., (2) Reg of Births Edinburgh.).
vi. ALEXANDER HOY (Source: Charles and Mary Anne's reg of birth.), b. February 20, 1856, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: LDS microfiche.).
vii. DAVID HOY, b. February 02, 1863, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: LDS microfiche.).
18. viii. JAMES HOY, b. November 28, 1857, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; d. Bef. 1903.
ix. ISABELLA TAIT HOY, b. October 31, 1859, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.).
x. JANE HOY, b. March 13, 1865, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.).
xi. WILLIAM HOY, b. June 30, 1861, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.); d. August 09, 1960, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.).

More About WILLIAM HOY:
Cremated: August 12, 1960, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.)

8. GEORGE4 HOY (PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.) was born January 05, 1836 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: (1) George Hoy's birth reg., (2) Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine, parents Peter Hoy and Elisabeth Ireland.). He married MARGARET THOMSON (Source: LDS.) February 12, 1860 in Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.).

Notes for GEORGE HOY:
Extract of entries in an old Parochial Register
Parish of Mains and Strathmartin County of Angus (Forfar) (also Dundee)
Peter Hoy, weaver, and his wife Elisabeth Ireland had a son born on the fifth day of january 1836, named George

More About GEORGE HOY and MARGARET THOMSON:
Marriage: February 12, 1860, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.)

Children of GEORGE HOY and MARGARET THOMSON are:
i. WILLIAM5 HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. February 07, 1862, Mains And Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth index.).

Notes for WILLIAM HOY:
1862 HOY WILLIAM M STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0007

ii. RICHARD HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. July 15, 1866, Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth index.).

Notes for RICHARD HOY:
1866 HOY RICHARD M STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0017

9. DAVID4 HOY (PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: Peters death reg.) was born 1834 (Source: Marriage cert.). He married HELEN BOYD May 25, 1860 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: Marriage cert.). She was born 1840 (Source: Marriage cert.).

Marriage Notes for DAVID HOY and HELEN BOYD:
1860 marriages in the district of the Burough of Dundee
May 25, 1860
David Hoy-age 26-Bachelor-Father Peter Hoy-Mother Elizabeth Ireland, deceased
Helen Boyd age 22-spinster- all very difficult to read-see copy

More About DAVID HOY and HELEN BOYD:
Marriage: May 25, 1860, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: Marriage cert.)

Children of DAVID HOY and HELEN BOYD are:
i. ELIZABETH5 HOY, b. October 09, 1866, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.).
ii. WILLIAM HOY, b. January 07, 1869, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.).
iii. AMELIA HOY, b. August 13, 1862, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.).
iv. ANN HOY, b. March 27, 1864, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.).

10. JAMES4 HOY (PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born October 26, 1819 (Source: LDS.), and died February 07, 1872 in St. Mary's, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.). He married MARGARET TRAIL (Source: LDS.) February 13, 1846 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1645-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Dundee.).
Notes for JAMES HOY:
He was living in Lochee in 1868 when his 2 year old son died

Marriage Notes for JAMES HOY and MARGARET TRAIL:
marriage is order only

More About JAMES HOY and MARGARET TRAIL:
Marriage: February 13, 1846, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1645-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Dundee.)

Children of JAMES HOY and MARGARET TRAIL are:
i. HELEN5 HOY, b. January 14, 1859, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.).
ii. SUSAN HOY, b. December 26, 1861, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.).
iii. CHARLES HOY, b. August 13, 1866, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.); d. 1868, Lochee, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.).
iv. ANN HOY, b. March 04, 1864, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS.); d. 1864, Dundee, Third District, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death record.).

Notes for ANN HOY:
1864 HOY ANN F - DUNDEE THIRD DISTRICT ANGUS 282/03 0076

v. JEAN HOY, b. Abt. 1871 (Source: Death rec.); d. 1875, Dundee, First District, Angus, Scotland.

Notes for JEAN HOY:
1859 HOY JEAN TRAILL F 3 DUNDEE FIRST DISTRICT ANGUS 282/01 0752

vi. MARGARET HOY, b. Abt. 1853 (Source: Death rec.); d. 1856, Dundee, First District, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.).

Notes for MARGARET HOY:
1856 HOY MARGARET TRAIL F 3 DUNDEE FIRST DISTRICT ANGUS 282/01 1021

11. WILLIAM4 HOY (PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born Abt. 1832 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland. He married JESSIE MCCALLUM June 30, 1849 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland. She was born Abt. 1834 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland, and died 1885 in St. Clement, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.).

Notes for WILLIAM HOY:
I have no proof that this child fits into this family...the LDS gives this info...
Husband's Name
William HOY (AFN:2XF1-H2) Pedigree

Born: Abt. 1832 Place: <Dundee, Angus, Scot.>

Father:
Mother:

Wife's Name
Jessie MC CALLUM (AFN:2XF1-J7) Pedigree

Born: Abt. 1834 Place: <Dundee, Angus, Scot.>

Father:
Mother:

Children

1. Sex Name
M Peter HOY (AFN:2XF1-91) Pedigree

Born: Abt. 1858 Place: Dundee, Angus, Scot.
Died: 9 Sep 1914 Place: Cooma, Nsw, Australia
Buried: 11 Sep 1914 Place: Rookwood, Nsw, Australia

Notes for JESSIE MCCALLUM:
1885 HOY JESSIE F 50 ST CLEMENT ANGUS 282/03 0360

Marriage Notes for WILLIAM HOY and JESSIE MCCALLUM:
The marriage record from Parish registers, 1645-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Dundee
give her name as Janet McCallum

More About WILLIAM HOY and JESSIE MCCALLUM:
Marriage: June 30, 1849, Dundee, Angus, Scotland

Children of WILLIAM HOY and JESSIE MCCALLUM are:
19. i. PETER5 HOY, b. Abt. 1858, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; d. September 09, 1914, Cooma, Nsw, Australia.
ii. ELIZABETH HOY, b. March 13, 1864, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
iii. WILLIAM HOY, b. July 20, 1867, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
iv. HELEN HOY, b. December 12, 1858, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
v. JESSIE HOY, b. May 31, 1861, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; m. ALEXANDER ROSS, 1884, St. Clement, Angus, Scotland.

More About ALEXANDER ROSS and JESSIE HOY:
Marriage: 1884, St. Clement, Angus, Scotland

vi. ALISON HOY, b. Abt. 1855; d. 1859, Dundee, First District, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death record.).

Notes for ALISON HOY:
She died in 1859 at age of 4
1859 HOY ALISON MCCALLUM F 4 DUNDEE FIRST DISTRICT ANGUS 282/01 0940

vii. ISABELLA HOY, b. Abt. 1854 (Source: Death rec.); d. 1859, Dundee, First District, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.).

Notes for ISABELLA HOY:
1859 HOY ISABELLA MCCALLUM F 5 DUNDEE FIRST DISTRICT ANGUS

12. WILLIAM4 HOY (WILLIAM3, JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.) was born February 26, 1824 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.), and died 1883 in Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.). He married ELISABETH BURLIE (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.) July 26, 1854 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.). She died 1891.

Notes for WILLIAM HOY:
1883 HOY WILLIAM M 59 STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0017

Notes for ELISABETH BURLIE:
She has a will
Hoy Elizabeth 25/6/1891 or Burlie, Baldovan, widow of William Hoy, Tailor there, d. 21/04/1891 at Downfield, intestate Dundee Sheriff Court

Marriage Notes for WILLIAM HOY and ELISABETH BURLIE:
Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine
gives her name as Burley

More About WILLIAM HOY and ELISABETH BURLIE:
Marriage: July 26, 1854, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.)

Children of WILLIAM HOY and ELISABETH BURLIE are:
i. HELEN5 HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. March 28, 1859, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.); d. 1859, Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.).

Notes for HELEN HOY:
1859 HOY HELEN BURLIE F 0 STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0005

ii. GEORGE NEILSON GLASS HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. November 07, 1867, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.).
iii. ELIZABETH HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. September 25, 1856, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.); d. 1861, Strathmartine, Dundee, Angus Scotland (Source: Death rec.).

Notes for ELIZABETH HOY:
1861 HOY ELIZABETH BURLIE F 4 STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0008

iv. WILLIAM HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. March 30, 1862, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.).

13. JAMES4 HOY (JAMES3, JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.) was born November 10, 1833 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth record.). He married ISABELLA RITCHIE PATON (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.) April 25, 1860 in Magnolia, Texas (Source: LDS IGI.).

More About JAMES HOY:
Christening: November 10, 1833, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.)

More About JAMES HOY and ISABELLA PATON:
Marriage: April 25, 1860, Magnolia, Texas (Source: LDS IGI.)

Children of JAMES HOY and ISABELLA PATON are:
i. MARY ANN HOGGANS5 HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. January 30, 1863, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth index.).

Notes for MARY ANN HOGGANS HOY:
1863 HOY MARY ANN HOGGAN F STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0006

ii. GEORGE PATON HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. February 10, 1861, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.).

Notes for GEORGE PATON HOY:
1861 HOY GEORGE PATON M STRATHMARTINE ANGUS 307/02 0005

iii. JAMES ARROTT HOY (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.), b. April 29, 1865, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth index.).

14. ROBERT4 HOY (JAMES3, JAMES2, JAMES1) (Source: Parish registers, 1635-1854 Church of Scotland. Parish Church of Mains and Strathmartine.) was born February 28, 1836 in Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: Birth index.). He married MARY MCGREGOR (Source: LDS IGI.) June 15, 1860 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.).

Notes for ROBERT HOY:
Also lived in St. Andrew where his 2 year old son died in 1875

More About ROBERT HOY:
Christening: February 28, 1836, Mains and Strathmartine, Angus, Scotland (Source: LDS IGI.)

More About ROBERT HOY and MARY MCGREGOR:
Marriage: June 15, 1860, Dundee, Angus, Scotland (Source: Register of births, marriages and deaths of Scotland.)

Children of ROBERT HOY and MARY MCGREGOR are:
i. ELIZABETH5 HOY, b. April 01, 1862, Dundee, angus, Scotland (Source: IGI LDS.).
ii. STEWART MCPHERSON HOY, b. February 09, 1868, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; d. 1869, St.Andrew, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death record.).

Notes for STEWART MCPHERSON HOY:
1869 HOY STEWART MCPHERS M 2 ST ANDREW ANGUS 282/04 0034

iii. MARY MCGREGOR HOY, b. April 01, 1866, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; d. 1867, Dundee, First District, Angus, Scotland (Source: Death rec.).

Notes for MARY MCGREGOR HOY:
1867 HOY MARY MCGREGOR F 2 DUNDEE FIRST DISTRICT ANGUS 282/01 0487

iv. JAMES HOY, b. January 04, 1861, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
v. ROBERT HOY, b. May 17, 1864, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
vi. WILLIAM MILNE HOY, b. February 22, 1870, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
vii. ALFRED JOHN HOY, b. September 29, 1873, Dundee, Angus, Scotland; d. 1875, St. Andrew, Angus, Dundee.
viii. JESSIE HOY, b. November 03, 1871, Dundee, Angus, Scotland.

Generation No. 5

15. CHARLES5 HOY (ALEXANDER4, PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born December 14, 1846 in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: (1) Church Record, LDS, Edinburgh, Scotland., (2) Reg of Births Edinburgh.), and died March 15, 1902 in St. George, Edinburgh, Scotland. He married MARY ANN HENDERSON (Source: 1881 Edinburgh Census.) November 19, 1875 in Edinburgh Parish, Midlothian County, Scotland (Source: (1) LDS IGI., (2) Charles and Mary Anne's reg of birth.), daughter of JOHN HENDERSON and GRACE SMITH. She was born Abt. 1846 in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: 1881 Census.), and died December 23, 1932 in Kelvin, Glasgow, Scotland (Source: Mary Ann's death reg.).

Notes for CHARLES HOY:
1881 Edinburgh Census FHL Film 0224002 GRO Ref Volume 685-3 Enum Dist 57 Page 5
Ref# 714458
Edinburgh St. Cuthberts
Dwelling: 24 S B Of Canongate
Charles Hoy Married Age 34 Male Head Born: Edinburgh Occupation: Tailor
Mary Hoy Married 32 Female Wife B: Edinburgh Occupation: Tailor's Wife
John Hoy N-A Age 8 Male B; Edinburgh Occupation: Scholar
Alexander Hoy N-A Age 5 Male Son B: Edinburgh
Charles Hoy N-A- Age 3 Male Son B: Edinburgh
Henry Hoy N-A Age 2 Male Son B: Edinburgh
Jeanie Hoy N-A Age 4m Female Dau B: Edinburgh
Peter McLeish Widow Age 31 Male Cousin B: Edinburgh Occupation: Tailor

____________________________________________________________________________________
1891 Edinburgh Census St. Cuthberts Parish, Burgh Ward of No 9 St. Giles, 63 Westport
Charles Hoy Head Married Age 44 Occupation: Tailor Born: St. Giles, Edinburgh
Rooms with one or more windows-2
Mary Hoy Wife Married Age 43 B: St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh
Alexander Hoy Son Age 15 Apprentice Lithographer B: St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh
Charles Hoy Son Age 13 Scholar B: St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh
Henry Hoy Son Age 12 Scholar B: St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh
Jeanie Hoy Dau Age 11 Scholar B: St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh
David Hoy Son Age 1 B: St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh

__________________________________________________________________________________
1901 Edinburgh Census, Parish Ward Dalry, Parish St. David, 44 Grove Street
Charles Hoy Head Married Age 54 Occupation: Tailor Worker Born: Edinburgh
2 Rooms with one or more windows
Mary Ann Hoy Married Wife Age 53 B: Edinburgh
Jeanie Hoy Dau Single Age 20 Occupation: Facing Rubber Worker Worker B: Edinburgh
Married to Mary Anne Henderson
Date of Death: 1902 March 15
8 Hours 15 minutes PM
80 Grove Street, Edinburgh
Male Age 56 Years
Father: Alexander Hoy Occupation: tailor Deceased
Mother: Jessie Hoy nee McLeish Deceased
Cause of Death: Acute Phthisis
Informant: Henry Hoy-Son-Present

More About CHARLES HOY:
Census: 1881, St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh, Scotland
Residence: 1873, 87 West Bow, Edinburgh, Scotland

Notes for MARY ANN HENDERSON:
Can not find record of birth
could be
1847 HENDERSON MARY JOHN HENDERSON/ANN SMITH F FORGAN 431/00 0002 No Image
1845 HENDERSON MARY JOHN HENDERSON/ISABELLA FROOD FR242 F COVINGTON & THANKERTON 634/00 0002 No Image

Marriage Notes for CHARLES HOY and MARY HENDERSON:
Extract of an entry in a Register of Marriages
on the Nineteenth day of November at 32 Gilmore Place, Edinburgh, after Banns according to the Forms of the Free Church of Scotland
signed...Charles Hoy, tailor, Bachelor....age 28... No 112 West Port, Edinburgh...father Alexander Hoy, tailor, deceased...mother Jessie Hoy nee McLeish
signed...Mary Anne Henderson, machinist(?), spinster...age 24...No 112 West Port, Edinburgh...father John Henderson, Shoemaster...mother Grace henderson nee Smith
witness...Alexander Hoy and Jane Henderson

More About CHARLES HOY and MARY HENDERSON:
Marriage: November 19, 1875, Edinburgh Parish, Midlothian County, Scotland (Source: (1) LDS IGI., (2) Charles and Mary Anne's reg of birth.)

Children of CHARLES HOY and MARY HENDERSON are:
i. JOHN6 HOY, b. Abt. 1873, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: 1881 Edinburgh Census FHL film 0224002 GRO ref vol 685-3 enumdist 57 pg 5.).

Notes for JOHN HOY:
John is listed in the census of 1881 with this family, but I can not find his birth record. There are a few John Hoy's born about the same time in Midlothian with fathers by the name of Robert (wife Catherine McKee) from Bathgate-Philip (wife Ann Monroe) in South leith-John (wife Helena Henry) Dalkeith-David (wife Mary McAlinder) from St, Giles.
John was born before his Charles and Mary were married so it is very possible that this is a relative and not their son

ii. ALEXANDER HOY, b. April 03, 1876, St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: (1) Alex's birth reg., (2) 1891 Edinburgh Scotland Census.); d. May 18, 1934, George Square, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: Death Cert.); m. MARY ANN MELLY WILSON, June 04, 1902, Newington, Edinburgh, Scotland; b. Abt. 1880; d. Aft. 1934.

Notes for ALEXANDER HOY:
From Birth Reg
1876 Births in District of St. George in the city of Edinburgh
Alexander Hoy
April
Third
4hours 50 mins PM
18 D????? Street Edinburgh
Father: Charles Hoy Tailor Journeyman
Mother: Mary Ann Hoy nee Henderson
Married November 19, 1875 Edinburgh
Info Given By Charles Hoy-Father-Present

Marriage Notes for ALEXANDER HOY and MARY WILSON:
1902 Marriages in the district of Newington in the city of Edinburgh
1902 on the fourth day of June at 121 Brents field Place, Edinburgh
Signed Alexander Hoy-commercial traveller, bachelor-age 26-121Brentsfield Place, Edinburgh-Father Charles Hoy, tailor, deceased-Mother Mary Ann Hoy nee Henderson
Signed Mary Ann Melly Wilson, draper's assistant, spinster-age 22-Father George Wilson, heating engineer-Mother Margaret Wilson nee Hodges

More About ALEXANDER HOY and MARY WILSON:
Marriage: June 04, 1902, Newington, Edinburgh, Scotland

iii. CHARLES HOY, b. November 15, 1877, St. George, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: Index to birth.); d. Aft. 1952; m. BARBARA A. JAMIESON, 1921, St. Giles, Edinburgh, Scotland.

Notes for CHARLES HOY:
1877 Births in the District of ??? in the City of Edinburgh
Charles Hoy-1877, November 15th 3hours 30 min AM-male-Father Charles Hoy, tailor, Journeyman-Mother Mary Hoy nee Henderson-married 1875 November in Edinburgh-Informant Charles Hoy, father, Present

Marriage Notes for CHARLES HOY and BARBARA JAMIESON:
1921 HOY CHARLES F JAMIESON BARBARA A ST GILES MIDLOTHIAN 685/04 0854 No Image

More About CHARLES HOY and BARBARA JAMIESON:
Marriage: 1921, St. Giles, Edinburgh, Scotland

20. iv. HENRY HOY, b. March 03, 1879, St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh , Scotland; d. March 02, 1956, Glasgow, Scotland.
v. JEANIE HOY, b. November 29, 1880, Canongate, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: Birth index.); d. Aft. 1952; m. FRANCIS COSGROVE, 1912.

Notes for JEANIE HOY:
11years old in 1891 census
Jeanie Hoy-1880, November 29th 9hrs 30 min PM 22 South Back Canongate-female-Father Charles Hoy tailor, journeyman-Mother Mary Ann Hoy nee Henderson-married November 19, 1875 Edinburgh-Informant Charles Hoy, father, present

More About JEANIE HOY:
Census: 1901, Dalry, Edinburgh, Scotland

Marriage Notes for JEANIE HOY and FRANCIS COSGROVE:
1912 COSGROVE FRANCIS HOY JEANIE WEST CALDER WEST LOTHIAN 701/00 0046 No Image

More About FRANCIS COSGROVE and JEANIE HOY:
Marriage: 1912

vi. DAVID HOY, b. July 26, 1889, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: Birth index.); d. October 30, 1892, St. George, Edinburgh, Scotland.

Notes for DAVID HOY:
1889 births in the district of St. george in the city of Edinburgh
David Hoy-1889 July 26-1 hr 40 min AM-??? Lady lawson Street Edinburgh-Father Charles Hoy, tailor-Mother Mary Ann Hoy nee Henderson-married November 19, 1875 in Edinbourgh-Informant Charles Hoy, father, present

1892 Deaths in the district of St. George in the county of Edinburgh
David Hoy-single-October 30, 1892 0hrs 10mn AM-63 Westport Edinburgh-male-age 3-Father Charles Hoy, tailor-Mother Mary Ann Hoy nee Henderson-cause of death Tubercular Meningitis for 14 days, Bronchitus for 4 days-no qualified medical attendant-Informant Charles Hoy, father, present

16. JESSIE5 HOY (ALEXANDER4, PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born April 30, 1848 in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: (1) LDS microfiche., (2) Reg of Births Edinburgh.), and died December 06, 1901 in Newington, Edinburgh, Scotland (Source: Death Cert.). She married THOMAS WAUGH April 24, 1872 in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. He died Aft. 1901.

Notes for JESSIE HOY:
Jessie Waugh married to Thomas Waugh, commercial traveller
Death 1901 December 6-9 hr AM-Father Alexander Hoy, Tailor, deceased-Mother jessie Hoy nee McLeish, deceased-informant Thomas Waugh

More About THOMAS WAUGH and JESSIE HOY:
Marriage: April 24, 1872, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

Children of JESSIE HOY and THOMAS WAUGH are:
i. MARGARET SCOTT6 WAUGH, b. September 06, 1874, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.
ii. WILLIAM WAUGH, b. October 07, 1873, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.
iii. JESSIE WAUGH, b. June 23, 1872, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.

17. ELIZABETH5 HOY (ALEXANDER4, PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born October 29, 1849 in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: (1) LDS microfiche., (2) Reg of Births Edinburgh.). She married THOMAS INNES July 06, 1866 in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.

More About THOMAS INNES and ELIZABETH HOY:
Marriage: July 06, 1866, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

Children of ELIZABETH HOY and THOMAS INNES are:
i. MARGARET6 INNES, b. February 11, 1872, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.
ii. ANDREW HOY INNES, b. August 21, 1869, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.
iii. THOMAS INNES, b. June 23, 1867, Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.

18. JAMES5 HOY (ALEXANDER4, PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born November 28, 1857 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.), and died Bef. 1903. He married CATHERINE DUFFIE January 01, 1880 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.). She was born 1854 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.), and died Bef. 1903.

More About JAMES HOY and CATHERINE DUFFIE:
Marriage: January 01, 1880, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.)

Children of JAMES HOY and CATHERINE DUFFIE are:
i. CATHERINE6 HOY, b. Abt. 1882; m. GEORGE NIELSON.
ii. JAMES HOY, b. Abt. 1884.
iii. THOMAS HOY, b. Abt. 1886.
21. iv. WILLIAM HOY, b. January 03, 1888, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; d. August 09, 1960, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.
v. ELIZABETH HOY, b. Abt. 1890; m. PETER BROWN.
vi. JANET HOY, b. Abt. 1892; m. MACKENZIE; b. Abt. 1892.
22. vii. ALEXANDER HOY, b. 1882, Canongate, Midlothian, Scotland; d. 1945, Morningside, Midlothian, Scotland.
viii. PETER HOY, b. Abt. 1896.
ix. CHARLES HOY, b. Abt. 1898; m. ISOBEL.

19. PETER5 HOY (WILLIAM4, PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born Abt. 1858 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland, and died September 09, 1914 in Cooma, Nsw, Australia. He married (1) ANN HUTCHISON October 29, 1873 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland. He married (2) CHARLOTTE EMILY ALEXANDER January 09, 1883 in Sydney, Australia. She was born November 26, 1860 in Heigham, Norfolk, England, and died December 01, 1911 in Redfern, Australia.

More About PETER HOY:
Burial: September 11, 1914, Rookwood, Nsw, Australia

More About PETER HOY and ANN HUTCHISON:
Marriage: October 29, 1873, Dundee, Angus, Scotland

More About PETER HOY and CHARLOTTE ALEXANDER:
Marriage: January 09, 1883, Sydney, Australia

Children of PETER HOY and CHARLOTTE ALEXANDER are:
i. EMILY JESSIE6 HOY, b. January 10, 1884.
ii. ALBERT HOY, b. October 07, 1898.
iii. GEORGE HOY, b. October 21, 1895.
iv. NELLIE HOY, b. October 23, 1893.
v. HENRY HOY, b. March 05, 1890.
vi. WILLIAM PETER HOY, b. June 23, 1886.
vii. JAMES ALEXANDER HOY, b. November 03, 1888.

Generation No. 6

20. HENRY6 HOY (CHARLES5, ALEXANDER4, PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born March 03, 1879 in St. Cuthberts, Edinburgh , Scotland (Source: Henry's Birth Certificate.), and died March 02, 1956 in Glasgow, Scotland. He married MARGARET MCINNES MCPHAIL DOWNS April 08, 1910 in St. George Episcopal Church, Mary Hill, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland (Source: Henry and Margaret's marriage reg.), daughter of DAVID DOWNS and MARGARET MCPHAIL. She was born June 02, 1886 in Dennistoun, Lanark, Scotland (Source: Margarets birth Registry.), and died Bef. 1956.

Notes for HENRY HOY:
He was living at 4 GrovePark Place when he died.
The whitness to his marriage was David Downs.
The story is that he had another woman so they were divorced.

He was known as a man with a beard and a walkingstick

He was a sargent major in the first world war and served with the Highland light infantry.
Uncle Tommy believes he served in the Scottish Rifles, he also remembers that he bred Whippets-the breed of dog

From Uncle Charlie:
joined the army at age 14 people always called him the Englishman because of the way he dressed.

He was missing from the 1901 census, wonder if that was when he was in South Africa
4hours 45 min AM
?easance, Edinburgh
Male
Father: Charles Hoy Occupation: Tailor Journeyman
Mother: Mary Ann Hoy nee Henderson
Married 1875 November 19
Edinburgh
Informant: Charles Hoy-Father-Present

Residences 92 Cubie Street, Glasgow
4 Grovepark Place, Glasgow
72 Gran (Oran?) Street, Glasgow
192 Wyndford Street, Glasgow

Separated from his wife Margaret before 1941 when his son Charles Married
Lived with a young girl (in Maryhill?) Remembered by granddaughter Linda as a man of average height with white hair and a moustache. Always smartly dressed with a military bearing. Liked pan drops and oddfellows. Owned a german shepherd which he put in another room when Linda visited with her father.

1. Death certificate signed by son Charles who resided at Larkholm at this time
2. In 1901, Henry was aged 12 and still at school.
3. Possibly fought in the Boer War as a lance corporal
4. Sergeant Major in the Highland Light Infantry during World War 1
5. Separated from his wife Margaret before 1941 when his son Charles married
6. Lived with a young girl (in Maryhill?) Remembered by granddaughter Linda as a man of average height with white hair and a moustache. Always smartly dressed with a military bearing. Liked pan drops and oddfellows. Owned a german shepherd which he put in another room when Linda visited with her father.
7. Recalled by nephew Charlie that Henry enlisted during the War at age 14 and that he was known as "The Englishman" because of the way he dressed.
8. Great-grandson Jason has in his possession a medal awarded to Henry during the war.

Notes for MARGARET MCINNES MCPHAIL DOWNS:
Births in the District of Dennistoun in the County of Lanark
Margaret McInnes McPhail Downs
b. June 2nd 1886 2hrs 30min PM
28 Brandon Street, Glasgow
Father...David Downs, carter
Mother...Margaret Downs McPhail
Married 1869 November 26....Houston, Renfrewshire
Informant....Margaret Downs, mother

From Donald Hoy
Already knew she worshipped grandad (quite possibly her "favourite" child), Linda said that, thanks to her, grandad was probably the only man during war-time rations that always had butter and sugar! She looked out for her boy and try as she might, Gran couldn't quite better her in the ration stakes!

1. Marriage certificate witnessed by David Downs (her father or brother?)
2. Death certificate signed by husband, Henry. He gives his address as 4 Grovepark Place and had separated from Margaret before 1941 but never divorced.
3. Son Charles devoted to his mother, and she to him (quite possibly her "favourite" child). Daughter Linda recalled that, thanks to Margaret, Charles was probably the only man during war-time rations that always had butter and sugar! She looked out for her boy and try as she might, wife Annie couldn't quite better her in the ration stakes!
4. Son David and his brother Arthur were married to two sisters, Alice & Jenny. David's daughter, Isobel, married ? MacFarlane (her address: 39 Hollow Glen Road, Springboig, Glasgow, G32 0NJ). His son David was a worker in Glasgow's meat market and son Alistair emigrated to Australia the day after his 19th birthday.
5. Son Arthur was in the Navy during the war. Recalled by niece Linda to be quite a short man and thought this was down to the fact that he kept breaking his legs "falling down ship's holds"!!! Arthur was a ship builder and known to like a drink or two! His granddaughter Aileen recalls that he once won money on the pools and bought a car with this. However, the car was sold only 3 months later, apparently for a drink! He and his wife Jenny didn't keep in touch much with the family. Arthur was moved to a care home for the elderly 3 months before he passed away. Many of his family were unaware of this and several of his children did not attend his funeral as they did not hear about his death until several weeks later. Grandson Arthur married Jacqueline Hayton and has a son, James Lewis born 23 Jan 1998. Granddaughter Isabel Margaret lives with her mother in the family home (5 Cairnie Place, Whitburn) and has learning difficulties.
Granddaughter Aileen Grant married Scott Sneddon and has one son, Andrew David, born 10 Jun 1990. Grandson Alec lived at 49/5 East Main Street, Whitburn. Son Henry's last known address is "Wessex", Old Coach Road Cross, Somerset, BS26 2EE. Daughter Lena's last known address 17 Barnton Street 0/1, Glasgow, G32 6HB. Daughter Evelyn's last known of living in Bristol or Brighton. Son Eric lives in Glasgow. Son Dugald still lives at the family home of 4 Burnhouse Drive, Whitburn, W Lothian.
6. Harry and Jess's daughter Sandra is married to second husband, Mick Drury. Their address is 2 Shaftsbury Av, Sawley, Long Eaton, Notts, NG10 3SG (tel 01159 736469). Sandra is a funeral director. Their other daughter Linda suffers from cerebral palsy.
7. Jess's address is: 26 Manor Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1NT

Marriage Notes for HENRY HOY and MARGARET DOWNS:
Extract of an entry in a register of marriages-district of Maryhill
on the eighth day of April at St. george Episcopal Church, Glasgow
after Banns according to the Forms of the Scottish Episcopal Church
signed henry Hoy, rubber worker, bachelor...age 31...72 Oran(?) Street, Glasgow....father Charles Hoy, tailor,deceased...mother Maryann Hoy nee Henderson...signed L.R. Sheford(?)
signed Margaret Downs, spinster...age 24...72 Oran(?) Street, Glasgow...father David Downs, carter, deceased....mother Margaret Downs nee McInnes, deceased
witnesses David Downs and (unreadable)

More About HENRY HOY and MARGARET DOWNS:
Marriage: April 08, 1910, St. George Episcopal Church, Mary Hill, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland (Source: Henry and Margaret's marriage reg.)

Children of HENRY HOY and MARGARET DOWNS are:
23. i. CHARLES7 HOY, b. February 18, 1914, Glasgow, Scotland; d. September 01, 1988, Irvine, Scotland.
ii. CHRISTINA HOY (Source: Thomas Hoy.), b. 1924; d. May 28, 1946, Camalachie, Glasgow, Scotland (Source: Death Cert.).

Notes for CHRISTINA HOY:
suffered from Rhumatic fever as a child, caused an enlarged heart and she died at age 21, abpot 1961
enlarged heart. From age 13, Tina was virtually bed ridden and
required constant attention. Sat upright for the rest of her life as
her body contained so much fluid due to her heart condition. Brother
Charles recalled that many times during her life the family were
tempted to let her lie down to ease her suffering. Tina died 1942/3,
aged roughly 21, from a form of drowning caused by the fluid
retention. Tina was very clever with her hands and knitted,
embroidered and crocheted whenever she could. Sister-in-Law Nan
kept a few of her things, and the tablecloth Tina made for Nan's
wedding has now passed to her neice, Linda. Everyone, especially
brother Charles, loved Tina very much.
Christina Crichton Hoy- single-May 28, 1946-2hrs 45 AM -female-age 22-Henry Hoy, engineer's machinist-Mother Margaret Hoy nee Downs-cause of death Chronic Endocraditis-Informant Charles Hoy, brother 102 Gubie Street, Glasgow

24. iii. ARTHUR HOY, b. July 19, 1907; d. March 01, 1997.
25. iv. DAVID HOY.
26. v. HENRY HOY, d. 1981.
27. vi. HELLEN HOY.
vii. MARGARET HOY (Source: Thomas Hoy.), m. SONNY TAGGART (Source: Thomas Hoy.).

Notes for MARGARET HOY:
Uncle Tommy said they had three or four children

viii. THOMAS HOY, d. Infancy.

21. WILLIAM6 HOY (JAMES5, ALEXANDER4, PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born January 03, 1888 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, and died August 09, 1960 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. He married JANE WYBER FORSYTH (Source: LDS.) March 31, 1911 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. She was born November 01, 1889 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, and died in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.

More About WILLIAM HOY:
Cremated: August 12, 1960, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland (Source: LDS.)

More About WILLIAM HOY and JANE FORSYTH:
Marriage: March 31, 1911, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland

Children of WILLIAM HOY and JANE FORSYTH are:
i. THOMAS SIMPSON7 HOY, b. October 31, 1911, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; d. November 1979; Adopted child.
ii. JAMES HOY, b. August 27, 1913, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; d. August 1973.
iii. DAVID HOY, b. 1912, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; d. infancy.
28. iv. MARGARET RANKIN HOY, b. July 31, 1920; d. March 24, 1997, Union Grove, Racine, Wisconsin.
v. EVELYN HOY, Adopted child; m. PETERSON.

22. ALEXANDER6 HOY (JAMES5, ALEXANDER4, PETER3, JAMES2, JAMES1) was born 1882 in Canongate, Midlothian, Scotland, and died 1945 in Morningside, Midlothian, Scotland. He married ANNIE MITCHEL CRAY July 31, 1903 in Newington, Edinburgh, Scotland. She was born Abt. 1884.

Notes for ALEXANDER HOY:
1903 Marriages in the district of Newington in the city of Edinburgh
1903 On the 31st day of July at Pleasant ??? mission Hall, Edinburgh
Signed Alexander Hoy-laborer, Bachelor-age 21-16 south Richmond Street, Edinburgh-Father James Hoy, lamp lighter, deceased-Mother Catherine Hoy nee Duffy, deceased
Signed Annie M Cray-wafer cutter-spinster-19-address same as Alexander-Father John McKinlay Cray, railway guard, deceased-Mother Elizabeth Leslie previously Cray nee Whitta???, deceased
Whitness Walter Hayward and Janet Bull

More About ALEXANDER HOY and ANNIE CRAY:
Marriage: July 31, 1903, Newington, Edinburgh, Scotland

Child of ALEXANDER HOY and ANNIE CRAY is:
i. ALEXANDER7 HOY, b. 1909 (Source: Death Cert.); d. November 18, 1910, Morningside, Edinburgh, Scotland.

Notes for ALEXANDER HOY:
Death record
1910 HOY ALEXANDER M 1 MORNINGSIDE MIDLOTHIAN 685/06 0836

I have deleted the next 3 generations to protect the living descendants. Please let me know if anyone can make connections.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RobbiHoy 9 Jun 2004 4:13PM GMT 
MalcolmCocks 6 Oct 2011 11:41PM GMT 
RobbiHoy 30 Jan 2013 3:21PM GMT 
distantkin 30 Jan 2013 11:23PM GMT 
winkycherry 29 Nov 2011 7:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic