Does anyone have any info on any of these Hugheses from South Carolina?
John Hughes who married Sarah Quash. They lived on the Black River in Georgetown,SC. They had 4 sons, three of whom were John, James, and William who moved to Orangeburg Fork between the South and North Edisto River. This William Hughes was born in 1786 and died in 1925 in Orangeburg,SC and married Sarah Sanders. They had these children: John, Henry, James, Elisha, William, Lewis, Joseph, Rebecca, Martha, Sarah, and Daniel. William and Sarah's son, John Hughes was born in oct 21, 1799 and died dec 18, 1844 and married first Harried Smoak and then Ruthie Nobles (1810-1864). Ruthie and John had these children:
Morgan L Hughes (no info)
Bartley Hughes (1821-1850)married Elizabeth Nettles (1826-1907)
Bartley and Elizabeth had these children:
1. H.V. Hughes "Uncle Doc"
2. Mary Hughes
3. Warren Middleton Hughes (1847-1932) married Amanda Cornelia Smoak
CHILDREN: 1. Eugene Chaplain Hughes (1891-1985) married 1-Ruth Henrietta
Green and 2. bessie Antley (daughter of John Samuel Antley)
2. Essie Hughes (died at the age of 5)
4. Morgan W. Hughes (nov 7, 1845-nov 10, 1896) married Laura Sophronia Antley (1838-1925) daughter of Abraham Antley and mary Elizabeth Dantzler. Their children were:
1. Brutus Hughes
2. Ada Hughes married Sylvanus Sanford
3. Birdette Washington Hughes (1869-1946) married Sue Bonnette
4. Marcus Warren Hughes (1867-1926) married Eugena Morrell (1874-1964)
(both Buried at Canaan Baptist Church in Canaan, Cope, Orangeburg,SC)
Henry Howard Hughes (1903 in Orangeburg ,SC-mar 23, 1979 Walterboro,SC) married mary Ann McAlhaney .
Lambert Hughes (b. 1779in SC) married Sarah Hughes (b 1780SC)
CHILD: Martha Hughes (1813 SC- 1877 Lowndes, AL) married John M. Bruner
Gary G. Hughes (1918 Cope, SC-july 18, 1971 in Canaan, Cope, Orangeburg,SC) married Blanche Antley daughter of Clarence Elijah Antley and Ethel V. Hinkle.
Anne Hughes (1785, Walterboro,SC - july 20, 1839 SC) married John Gavin (1780-1838 SC)