Search for content in message boards

African-American Hunters

Replies: 18

Re: African-American Hunters

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 8:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Valeria;

I apologize for not responding sooner,work has me tied up.

I am not so familiar with all the Hunters, not sure - as I mentioned - where or how far Goshen is from Kershaw.

As I mentioned, Katie Hunter (My g-grandmother) was Mulatto and so was her husband (Eugene Brown). My Mom tells me Katie had a lot of sisters and a half brother named Clifford. All of them were so light, they could pass for white. So, I'm not surprised many of the Hunters passed. My Grandma Louise did - She remarried a White man in the 40s and lived in Buffalo, NY.

I know Katie had a sister named Phoebe (Spelled Feebie). That's all I know about her. She died before I was born.so a lot of information about her I do not know.

I recognized the middle name of John Belton Hunter - On my maternal side, there is an Ann Elizabeth Belton (white) who married John Doby (white) in Kershaw, SC. I wonder if there is some connection.

As you can see, I have both white and black relatives in my family tree; I am building a wonderful history of my family tree. I wouldn't be surprised if my Hunters are kin to your Hunters (smile).

Well Valeria; if I don't hear from you later on tonight, I will tomorrow, God willing.

Take care; until then....

(P.S. I tried your personal email and was told it cannot be recognized.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ryles13 20 Jun 2012 7:48PM GMT 
tammymcclinto... 1 Jun 2012 3:18AM GMT 
watablessing2... 1 Jun 2012 7:02AM GMT 
Sherri Grady 30 Apr 2005 1:59AM GMT 
lfg72 7 Jan 2003 9:14PM GMT 
ScottHunter19 14 May 2012 10:27PM GMT 
paforman57 25 Nov 2012 4:29PM GMT 
ScottHunter19 25 Nov 2012 7:45PM GMT 
paforman57 27 Nov 2012 3:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions