Search for content in message boards

Children of Margaret and Alfred Hunter - Sutton, St Helens. Lancashire

Replies: 0

Children of Margaret and Alfred Hunter - Sutton, St Helens. Lancashire

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 12:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Birch/Hunter/Baines/Whitlock
Margaret Birch born 1864 married James Baines and had two children - Harry 1894 and Annie 1889. Harry died in France in WWI, Annie died in 1929 is apparantly buried in St Nicholas Churchyard SUTTON. Margaret re - married after the death of her husband James, to Alfred Hunter. They reportedly had several children perhaps 4-5 who all died in childbirth or infancy and again are reported to be buried in St Nicholas Churchyard SUTTON.
I cant find any record of any births for any Hunter children...although i am told if the baby died in childbirth the birth was not always registered....whether this is true or not in those days im unsure.
Also Margarets daughter Annie married a Whitlock and had a daughter Evis Annie. She died in 1946, and again is reported to be buried in St Nicholas Churchyard SUTTON.
Sad for the family that all Margarets children died before her, and one of her two granddaughters didnt live to a good age.
I dont live near St Helens and apparantly the burial records are not available online.... any help with the babies details or any of the above burial details would be extremely appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions