Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Ann Bird

Replies: 2

Elizabeth Ann Bird

Posted: 30 May 2010 9:33AM GMT
Classification: Biography
I am the ggg-grandson of Charles Thomas Hutcheson (1796-1868)and Elizabeth Ann Bird (1798-1874)and my last name is Hutcheson. Since I have been involved in looking for and about my Hutcheson line ancestors the issue of whether Elizabeth Ann Bird is Native American is frequently raised. There are many suppositions but no firm proof. With the thought of putting this to rest I had my DNA analyzed. Upon receipt of the results I discovered, much to my dismay, this was the wrong approach. The DNA that determines Native American ancestry is passed down through the same sex descendents. Therefore, the challenge became to find Elizabeth Ann Bird's daughter's daughter's daughter. I found her and she is descended as follows: Elizabeth Ann Bird → Martha Jane Hutcheson (1840-1905) → Mary Lucinda Cunningham (1880-1958) → Martha Mildred Davison (1917-2008) → Living. I asked her if she would take the test (a cotton tipped swab from the inside of the cheek) at my expense. She agreed and after several weeks of waiting the results have arrived.

Elizabeth Ann Bird IS NOT Native American. The test determined she belongs to haplogroup H, which is a European line.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dhutcheson193... 30 May 2010 3:33PM GMT 
Waspie11 21 Aug 2012 2:51AM GMT 
dhutcheson193... 21 Aug 2012 2:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions