Search for content in message boards

Wondering if I can connect Colemans, Hutchesons, Holts. (Texas/Kansas)

Replies: 0

Wondering if I can connect Colemans, Hutchesons, Holts. (Texas/Kansas)

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 4:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holt, Coleman, Hutcheson, Hutchison, Hutchinson, Rein
Hi, I'm trying to untangle some family history.

My great-grandmother's name is Dixie Hutcheson (or Hutchinson, Hutchison). She was born c. 1912 in Childress, TX. She has at least one sibling, Marian, born c. 1917-8. Dixie was married to a Karl Rein, and gave birth to her daughter Mary Isabelle in Detroit, MI in 1931.

Now, from examining the 1920 and 1930 census records, as well as a birth record for a Marian Virginia Hutcheson, I have pieced together a family tree, tentatively:

Marian and Dixie's parents were possibly Richard Dixon Hutcheson (b. ~1876 in Magnolia, AR) and Mary Susan Coleman (b. ~1893, Lubbock county, TX).

I believe Mary sent her daughters to live with her mother "Belle" (possibly Isabelle Holt) and brother Burt, sister Nellie who were residing in Sedgwick county, Kansas at the time of the 1920 census. By the 1930 census, Dixie and Marian were living with their mother again, in Wayne county, MI; their mother is listed only as "Hutcheson" with no first name given on the census. I'm not sure where to start with Richard Dixon Hutcheson. What little I have found so far indicates he died possibly in 1950, but I in 1930 his wife (or who I believe is his wife) gave herself as a widow.

I'm wondering now if Mary's mother Belle is Isabelle Frances Holt, married to a Richard H. Coleman, with the family spread through the north Texas and Kansas region. The 1900 census shows Richard and Isabelle with several children, including a Mary S and a "Nella" as well as a son Isa B (Burt?).

Does anyone know more about the Holt-Coleman union, their children, and specifically about Mary Susan Coleman, who may have married Richard Dixon Hutcheson?

Thanks in advance.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions