Search for content in message boards

Hutcheson's of Hickman County Tennessee

Replies: 0

Hutcheson's of Hickman County Tennessee

Posted: 25 Dec 2013 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for info on Edward "Ned" Hutcheson born about 1805 in North Carolina and died before 1880 in Hickman County TN. He married Mary Polly Ratliff of North Carolina. From looking over the early census of Hickman County and using the process of elimination I believe his mother's name was Elizabeth MNU born about 1782 in N.C. and died before 1860 in Hickman Co. T.N. I have found proof of three children of Elizabeth's which are Mary Hutcheson born about 1803 in North Carolina. John Hutcheson born about 1820 and Jemina Hutcheson Lewis born about 1815. Along with Edward, I also suspect that Charles, Andrew Jackson, Holding and Lewis D. Hutcheson to be her children. This family first appeared on the Hickman Co. census in 1830. On the 1870 Census the majority of them changed their last name to King. Some switched back to Hutcheson and then some didn't change their last name to King until 1910 and then kept that name. Does anyone know why they changed their last name? And does anyone know who Edward's parents are?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions