Search for content in message boards

Alfred Henry Hutchinson and Edward Morris Hutchinson, Chicago IL early 1900s

Replies: 6

Re: Alfred Henry Hutchinson and Edward Morris Hutchinson, Chicago IL early 1900s

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson
Hello,
I'm a great-great granddaughter of Henry Blakely Hutchinson and Rebecca Whiting Wilkes. (Octavius Nelson Hutchinson is my great grandfather.) I haven't been able to find confirmation of Henry Blakely's parents. What I have found about Thomas Leach (son of Henry and Susannah Leach Hutchinson) says that he died without children. If anyone can clear up this mystery, I'd appreciate it!
Here's info about the Grand Crossing Tack Company in case you haven't found anything...I know your question was a long time ago! "In 1883, E.W. and O. N. Hutchinson founded the Grand Crossing Tack Company to make carpet tacks. Their small plant was located at 79th and South Chicago Avenue. As the business prospered and expanded they decide to produce their own steel rather than purchase it. They built a mill on the east bank of the Calumet River in 1902. In 1916, Interstate Iron and Steel of East Chicago bought the Grand Crossing Tack Company. In 1930, when Republic Steel was formed Interstate became part of the merger that formed the new company."
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nursebuc 24 Jul 2006 4:51PM GMT 
Kenneth_Haugh... 15 May 2007 10:56PM GMT 
John Hutchins... 4 Feb 2009 3:23AM GMT 
davidandfawn 5 Feb 2009 4:38PM GMT 
John Hutchins... 5 Feb 2009 11:55PM GMT 
davidandfawn 6 Feb 2009 11:23AM GMT 
Holly Hutchin... 14 Mar 2014 8:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions