Search for content in message boards

George & Thomas Hutchinson families, Winchester, MA, 1600s to 1900s

Replies: 6

Re: Richard Hutchinson (1602-1682) web site

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 11:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson, Russell
Hi Dave,

As I'm mentioning on some of the Boards this month, I was able to obtain an .old. book on the history of Winchester, MA. Because of browsing the book, I found out that there were .2. HUTCHINSON families in South Woburn, MA, which became Winchester, MA, in 1850. My ancestor was Thomas, b1784, who was part of the large Farm in the Hill District of what became Winchester. I'm finding out that his brother, Samuel, b1786, also lived in town, and his large house was on Main St., in Winchester Center.

Samuel had married Lucetta RUSSELL of West Cambridge, and they had 9 children, raised in South Woburn. (on-line investigating)

... As you know, I've been wanting to create a data base for my line of HUTCHINSON men for a great many years. And, I'd like to include the descendants of George's brother, Thomas. They both arrived in 1630. I can't promise anything, and I can only hope, but, if "life" doesn't affect my time this summer, maybe I can at least get an outline of the information typed up.

By the way, a few yrs. ago I did set up a "Freepages" site, but never used it.

An FYI is that the Archival Center in Winchester, MA, has a picture of the Samuel HUTCHINSON house. But, they've never come across a picture of the John or Thomas house which existed from late 1700's to late 1800's. (21 Ridge St.)

I have a question: Would it help researchers IF a second HUTCHINSON Board was created which would be devoted to the HUTCHINSON's in Massachusetts from 1600 to 1800. I'm curious whether that would help us .try. to solve some of the mysteries - as to which families were descended from which patriarch.

Hope you are well.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Betty 12 Oct 2006 10:53AM GMT 
David Carlsen 12 Oct 2006 12:52PM GMT 
Betty 12 Oct 2006 2:06PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 24 May 2008 9:34PM GMT 
davidandfawn 26 May 2008 12:45PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 30 Jun 2013 5:29PM GMT 
LeslieJade 6 Jul 2013 11:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic