Search for content in message boards

George HUTCHINSON descendants (Charlestown, MA Bay Colony)

Replies: 5

Re: George HUTCHINSON descendants (Charlestown, MA Bay Colony)

Posted: 26 Jan 2014 2:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson, Crosby, Masters, Homer, Dodge, Symmes, Johnson, Wyman, Homer
Hello,

I'd just like to offer a short FYI for today. I've been reviewing on-line records for the last few days, and it seems that Thomas and Betsey (HOMER) HUTCHINSON didn't have too many descendants.

For example,

John B., and Ruthy (WYMAN) HUTCHINSON had 2 sons and a daughter. Son, John W. and Gertrude (unknown) HUTCHINSON in Brooklyn only had 2 daughters who were still single in their 20's. Son, Edward and Effie (unknown) HUTCHINSON in Brooklyn, had a daughter, Sarah, and a son, John B., born 1879. I don't know if daughter, Sarah, ever married.

Thomas O. and Mary (MASTERS) HUTCHINSON had one son and one daughter, Son, Thomas and daughter, Mary, never married. So there was no grandchildren. (I know Mary's maiden name but can't think of it at this second.)

Jacob H. and Eliza Ann (CROSBY) HUTCHINSON had a daughter, a son, and then a younger daughter. Their first daughter died as a teen. Son, George, only had one child, a son, Carleton. (Carleton had one son and one daughter; the son became Dr. Leslie "Loring" HUTCHINSON, and had only one son, Robert - who died unmarried. Carleton's daughter never married.) The younger daughter was my great-great-grandmother, Adelaide Crosby HUTCHINSON, and she married and had 2 daughters, and divorced shortly after. Daughter, Louise married and had 3 children; Clarissa and then 2 sons; daughter, Edith never married.

Elizabeth HUTCHINSON married William DODGE. I believe they had 4 daughters, Elizabeth, Agnes, Ann, and Mabel. Ann DODGE married George MABIE. Two of the daughters might have returned to the Hutchinson Farm in Winchester, MA. They owned a part of the farm at one point.

Adeline HUTCHINSON married Gardner SYMMES. They seem to have had 4 children, a son, Gardner SYMMES, who died Age 6, a daughter, Adeline SYMMES, a son, William J. SYMMES, and a daughter, Clara / Carrie SYMMES. They might have had another daughter, Lydia SYMMES. Son, William SYMMES probably married in 1884 in NJ to Maria MARALIUS. They seem to have had 2 sons, Gardner and John, but Maria seems to have died young.

Maria HUTCHINSON married Francis JOHNSON. They seem to have had a son, Henry JOHNSON, and a daughter, Louise. I don't think Henry ever married. Louise married Warren KNOX and the only child I can find for them is son, Chester KNOX.

.... For the 3 siblings in Winchester, Jacob and Thomas HUTCHINSON and Mrs. JOHNSON, I can offer some information on Jacob, my ancestor. Thomas' 2 adult children died during the 1930's unmarried. And, I can't find much on the JOHNSON family after 1900.

.... For the 3 siblings in Brooklyn, NY, from 1850's on, the same applies. I can't find much of anything on John HUTCHINSON's family, or the DODGE or SYMMES families after 1900.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 12 yrs.; now an Admin for 11 Lists and 5 Boards)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 2 May 2009 10:34AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 2 May 2009 10:40AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 6 May 2009 9:24AM GMT 
elizabethstev... 14 Dec 2010 1:18AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 26 Jan 2014 9:02PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 26 Jan 2014 9:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic