Search for content in message boards

Dr. Samuel Hutchinson of Tully, New York

Replies: 9

Re: Dr. Samuel Hutchinson of Tully, New York

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 11:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking at a rejected Revolutionary Pension application file for Samuel Hutchinson of Tully, Onondaga, NY.
Included in the file is a form signed by Mrs Narcissa Beers of Syracuse stating that she has a direct interest in the case as she is the daughter of Samuel Payne. Also in the file is a son John Hutchinson.

I found a snippet view in Google books
"One year, for which he received a discharge, which he has lost. The above service, he states, was at
and about New London, in guarding the coast.
Joel Payne, of the town of Villanova, State of New York, states that the said Hutchinson and himself were
both draughted, in the month of May, 1780, for the term of six months, and entered into the service of the
United States as private soldiers in the same company, commanded by Captain" snippet cuts off here

changing search terms I get the next snippet:
"Daniel White, who resided in the town of Coventry. Immediately after they were draughted, they marched
to New London, where they were stationed, and remained during the whole of the term of six months,
under the command of Colonel John Jone.
Nathan Mixer, Esq, a justice of the peace, certifies that he has known the said Joel Payne about nine years, and
that his character for truth and" end of snippet

These snippets are unfortunatly attached by Google Books to a book entitled "Teaching atlas of nuclear medicine"
(obviously incorrect) but in the common phrases section Google books gives "26th Congress, 2d sessions, Revolutionary
Claims, Revolution pensions, etc.

I am more than 80% certain that Samuel is the son of Samuel Hutchinson and Eunice Badger, born in Lebanon CT on
11 Jan 1765, grandson of Eleazer Hutchinson and Jemima Wright. Joel Payne is the nephew of John Payne who married Samuel's sister Jemima Hutchinson.

Here is the image for Narcissa (it's on Ancestry)
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=1995&pa...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
blackcd25 25 Aug 2010 5:10AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 26 Aug 2010 9:14AM GMT 
blackcd25 26 Aug 2010 7:45PM GMT 
ksims37 14 Oct 2010 5:25PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 16 Oct 2010 9:03AM GMT 
blackcd25 20 Oct 2010 1:37AM GMT 
SteveKearley6... 24 Oct 2012 3:28AM GMT 
blackcd25 26 Oct 2012 2:27AM GMT 
ngarek 22 Oct 2010 2:31PM GMT 
blackcd25 25 Oct 2010 11:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions