Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth "Eliza" (Hutchinson) Caldwell (1835 - c. 1861/2) - GA/AL

Replies: 0

Elizabeth "Eliza" (Hutchinson) Caldwell (1835 - c. 1861/2) - GA/AL

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 12:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson, Caldwell, Candler, Anthony, Dunn, Williamson, Gates
I'm looking for the parents of Elizabeth "Eliza" Hutchinson, born in 1835 in Georgia and died about 1861 or 1862 in Tallapoosa County, Alabama. She had an older sister Amanda who was born in 1834 in Georgia and died about 1853 in either Georgia or Tallapoosa County, Alabama.

Both sisters were wives of Charles Mitchell "Mitt" Caldwell. He was born on January 18, 1831 in Monroe County, Georgia and died on October 12, 1911 in Tallapoosa County, Alabama. His parents were Richard Hornbuckle and Harriet Louise (Waller) Caldwell. Through Harriet, Charles was a great-grandson of the semi-famous (Colonel) William and Elizabeth (Anthony) Candler.

Amanda married Charles on December 16, 1849 in Troup County,Georgia. They'd two children who were stillborn, and Amanda is assumed to have died either in or shortly after the birth of the second one. Elizabeth was Charles' second wife. After her death, he would then marry two more times: Mary Ann Elizabeth Dunn as a third wife, then finally Martha Elizabeth Williamson.

My lineal ancestor was Charles and Elizabeth's son William Alexander Caldwell who married Elizabeth Mary "Lizzie" Gates.

If anyone can shed light on this genealogical brick wall, it's be much appreciated! Please feel free to post here or contact me at jacobcarpenter@zoho.com

Jacob Carpenter
jacobcarpenter@zoho.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions