Search for content in message boards

Samuel and Lucetta (RUSSELL) HUTCHINSON, Woburn, MA

Replies: 0

Samuel and Lucetta (RUSSELL) HUTCHINSON, Woburn, MA

Posted: 26 Jun 2013 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson, Russell, Frost, Homer, Pierce
Hello,

During the past week I discovered there was a relative of my HUTCHINSON Farm families who might not have lived on the large farm. To start with, I was browsing an old book about the history of Winchester, MA, and came across a name I was not familiar with. If I had seen her name in past yrs. I had forgotten: Lucetta HUTCHINSON. She was in Winchester for the 1850 census as a widow, and she was one of the first people to buy a plot in the newly established Wildwood Cemetery.

During the past weekend a little on-line searching found out that her husband was Samuel HUTCHINSON, and she was the former Lucetta RUSSELL. They had married in 1817 in West Cambridge, MA (now Arlington). My educated-guess is that Samuel was born in Charlestown in 1789 (or 1786) to the parents, John HUTCHINSON and Sarah FROST. .. My ancestor is another son, Thomas M. HUTCHINSON, b1784, who married Betsey HOMER. They were the Farm family in the Hill District of Charlestown, which became South Woburn, which became Winchester, MA.

Lucetta was born in 1799 in West Cambridge, and had the parents, Amos RUSSELL and Betsey PIERCE. I've checked to see if Amos was directly related to the historic, Jason RUSSELL, of the Rev. War. But, the RUSSELL patriarch seems to have had several descendants from his 2 grandsons.

According to on-line information, Samuel and Lucetta HUTCHINSON had 9 children, and their names are mentioned: Mary Jane, Samuel, Jr., b1819, Elmira, Eliza Ann, Oliver, Lydia, Henry, Elizabeth, and William (b1817 to 1839?)

I just saw this morning that Samuel (Sr.) died in Woburn in 1847. Mrs. Lucetta HUTCHINSON died in Winchester in 1886. So, my gr-gr-grandmother, Mrs. Adelaide Crosby (HUTCHINSON) RICE, would have known her father's cousin, Lucetta.

By the way, I found a researcher on-line who said that a daughter of John and Sarah (FROST) HUTCHINSON was Sarah. And, she married Josiah Harrington RUSSELL. As I said, there were several RUSSELL families in West Cambridge (now Arlington). *

Since Samuel and Lucetta had many children, I'm curious if they had many descendants. And, is anyone researching them?

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 12 yrs.; now an Admin for 10 Lists and 5 Boards)

* My ancestors also include the HARRINGTON name: John CUTTER of West Cambridge married Lydia HARRINGTON. They had 2 daughters who married 2 FROST brothers. Ephraim and Mary FROST had a daughter, Lydia Harrington FROST, who married my ancestor Simeon CROSBY in 1790's West Cambridge. Coming down a few generations, Jacob Homer HUTCHINSON married Eliza Ann CROSBY.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions