Search for content in message boards

The patriarchs in Massachusetts in 1600's ??

Replies: 3

Re: The patriarchs in Massachusetts in 1600's ??

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson, Lowther, Holcott
Hi again,

After I posted the message yesterday, I e-mailed the NEHGS and asked about the patriarch, George HUTCHINSON. And, then I took another look at the WorldConnect Project, and discovered a researcher had some very good information on George and his brother, Thomas.

He has George christened in London in 1593 and Thomas born ~1594 in London. Parents: George HUTCHINSON and Jane LOWTHER; he from London, she from Yorkshire. And, the older George being the son of Richard HUTCHINSON and Margery HOLCOTT.

Still no mention of the full name of the wife of George, the son: Margaret UNKNOWN.

When I posted on a London List at least 5 yrs. ago, I was told there is a CD of early marriages in London. But, she didn't respond to my second query.

By the way, the history of the City of London is not what you'd expect. On a map it looks like it sits between 2 counties. On-line it says that back in history it bordered on ~5 counties. Hmmm. I just looked on-line and County Yorkshire is in the northern part of England and quite a distance north of London.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 30 Jun 2013 5:43PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 30 Jun 2013 5:57PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 1 Jul 2013 10:30AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 1 Jul 2013 11:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions