Search for content in message boards

The patriarchs in Massachusetts in 1600's ??

Replies: 3

The patriarchs in Massachusetts in 1600's ??

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson
Hello,

I'd like to know if it would help researchers if a separate Board was created for just the HUTCHINSON families in Massachusetts from 1600 to 1800.

I've been researching my line for over 20 yrs., so I'm aware that there are many mysteries. Specifically whether an ancestor is descended from one patriarch vs. another.

My line is from George, arriving in 1630, and his brother, Thomas, was with him. Thomas died upon arrival leaving a widow and 5 children. And there is a lot of mystery about his children. George didn't have a child until 1633 in Charlestown - Nathaniel.

I know of one mystery where my ancestors, descended from George, were in Charlestown, in the part which became Woburn, in the part which became Winchester in 1850. But there were many descendants, and they could have moved out in different directions. But, closer to them were the HUTCHINSON families very close to them in West Cambridge, MA, which became Arlington, MA, in late 1800's. The last I heard the Thomas K. HUTCHINSON family might not have been descended from the patriarch, Richard, in Salem, MA.

.. For at least 10 yrs. I have wanted to at least type up an outline of the descendants of George HUTCHINSON, of Charlestown, MA. And, "life" keeps me away from this project. (My husband had a Brain Aneurysm 2 1/2 yrs. ago, and I had to stop genealogy for more than a year while he recovered.)

My other problem is that I am a .hobby. genealogist, who mostly depends on information I find in books or on-line. I try to emphasize that when I post something.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 12 yrs.; now an Admin for 10 Lists and 5 Boards)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 30 Jun 2013 5:43PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 30 Jun 2013 5:57PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 1 Jul 2013 10:30AM GMT 
bbffrrpp 1 Jul 2013 11:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic