Search for content in message boards

C. C. HUTCHINSON, in Kansas 1860-1870, went to Oregon !

Replies: 0

C. C. HUTCHINSON, in Kansas 1860-1870, went to Oregon !

Posted: 7 Feb 2014 5:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson, Sanborn
Hello,

I'd like to post separately that the descendant of John / Johnny HUTCHINSON, b1852 Boston, MA, seems to have had a relative in Kansas. Johnny was sent to a farm in Vermont in 1861 reportedly to be adopted but never was. The SANBORN coupled "called him" George SANBORN, and they did not treat him well. One of the secrets was that the couple received 2 letters stating that an attorney in Boston wanted to tell "Johnny" that he had a relative in Kansas who wanted to leave him some property. The Sanborns threw both letters into the fireplace. The relative was C. C. HUTCHINSON and the property was in Kansas. But the man (?) moved to Oregon where he died.

As per my other posting this morning, John's father was Albert HUTCHINSON who seems to have married in / near Boston ~1850. They had Johnny in 1852 but the wife died young. Johnny was placed in a "foundling home." At Age 11, 1861, the boy was sent to a farm in Orange Co., VT, reportedly to be adopted; he never was. The SANBORN couple called him George SANBORN - in 1870 census. But, now the adult got angry when he found out he had never been adopted. He went back to being a HUTCHINSON, but seemed to marry ~1875 in VT as a George HUTCHINSON. The couple had 3 daughters.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

P.S. I looked on-line this week and I couldn't find an Albert HUTCHINSON probably born ~1830. We don't know if he was from New England. After his wife died during 1850's, he became a seaman, and his son never saw him again. The researcher does not know if the father, Albert, was already a seaman. So, he could have come from another state.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions