Search for content in message boards

John HUTCHINSON and Sarah FROST, m1772 MA, and 2nd wives, FOX and HASTINGS

Replies: 2

John HUTCHINSON and Sarah FROST, m1772 MA, and 2nd wives, FOX and HASTINGS

Posted: 24 May 2014 3:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchinson, Frost, Wright, Fox, Hastings
Hello,

I've been discussing the HUTCHINSON Farm families of Charlestown / Woburn / Winchester, MA, with another researcher this morning. If you look at on-line information, you usually don't find too much on the couple, John HUTCHINSON and Sarah FROST, who married in 1772 in "West Cambridge" MA (which became Arlington, MA, in 1850). But, I just took a look at my copy of the "History of Arlington," and see the children of this couple are discussed. I'll offer a brief description. If anyone needs more, I'll respond later.

Children of the couple:

Sarah, b1775, Mary, b1776, Lydia, b1779, John, b1780, Abigail, b1782, Thomas, b1784, Samuel, b1786, Oliver, b1788, Becca, b1790.

It seems Mary (mother) died in childbirth in 1790, and Becca also died. And, Oliver died Age 20. And, John and Sarah had a stillborn in 1773.

The book says that Sarah might have been the 2nd wife of John. And, one researcher has him having 3 wives.

... This morning I have chatted with a descendant of the daughter, Sarah HUTCHINSON, who married Josiah H. RUSSELL of West Cambridge, MA. .. Other marriages were of Lydia marrying Seth TUFTS, and Abigail marrying Henry PARKER.

... I am descended from Thomas HUTCHINSON who married "Betsey" HOMER in 1813 in West Cambridge, MA. They had 6 children: John B., Thomas O., Jacob Homer, Elizabeth, Adelaide, and Maria. That family started out in Charlestown, but their farm / land became part of South Woburn, which became part of Winchester, MA, in late 1800's. My ancestors were Jacob and Eliza (CROSBY) HUTCHINSON, she of the CROSBY Farm in West Cambridge / Arlington.

I've been looking on-line this afternoon, and I've figured out the marriages of this John HUTCHINSON. After Sarah died in 1790, he remarried in 1793 to a widow, Mrs. Mary (WRIGHT) FOX of Woburn, MA. I don't know what happened to her, but in 1818 he remarried to Martha HASTINGS. John then died in 1819.

I've been looking for information on the FOX family. I see that William FOX, b1742 Woburn, first married in 1765 to Abigail WYMAN. She died in 1771. He then had his 2nd marriage to Mary WRIGHT. He died in 1784. I have not found out whether William had children. But, there were possibly a William, Jr., and an Abigail.

It's curious that John and Sarah HUTCHINSON had 7 surviving children, and they probably grew up on the large HUTCHINSON Farm. And, of all my yrs. of researching the HUTCHINSON Farm families, I don't remember the FOX name being mentioned.

I hope these findings help someone. And, I hope to find out if my ancestor, Thomas HUTCHINSON, b1784, had FOX step-sons or step-daughters.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 14 yrs.; now an Admin for 11 Lists and 5 Boards,
including some for CAN-USA-Migration )

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bbffrrpp 24 May 2014 9:31PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 24 May 2014 9:42PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 27 May 2014 12:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic