Search for content in message boards

John b.ca 1731 Jerusha:Wm.AnneJohn

Replies: 17

Re: Hutchinson of Anson Co. NC

Posted: 25 Jan 2014 12:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutcheson
Hello Gail. I am researching a Hutcheson line that lived in Hickman County TN from NC. For some reason this family changed their last name to King. I was at a dead end at Edward Hutcheson "King" born about 1802 in NC who married a Mary Polly Ratliff born in Anson County NC. After closely looking at all the Hickman Co TN censuses I believe his mother was Elizabeth MNU Hutcheson born about 1782 in NC. When Elizabeth showed up in Hickman Co in 1820 she was a widow. I recently came across an old deed from Hickman Co dated 1813 with Isaiah Hutcheson on it. I then found an Isaiah Hutchinson on the 1800 census in Anson Co NC.

I believe this may be my guy because
1) he is living in Anson Co. It is well documted that the Ratliffs were from Anson Co who several Hutchesons married and they lived next to each other on the Hickman Co Censuses.
2) Isaiah is living amongst the Vanderfords who also married into the Ratliff family and moved to TN with them. I also suspect the Hutchesons moved with them.

I then looked closer and saw the John K. Hutchinson and then found this thread that said that he gave all his sons the middle name of King and he is living next to Isaiah. Is John Isaiah's dad? I saw where several people said this family moved to GA. Do you know anything about this Isaiah? Could he have moved to TN? I know most of the evidence I've used to get to this point is circumstantial but I think I might be on to something! Any help you could give me would be great!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AmandaKing76 25 Jan 2014 7:25PM GMT 
AmandaKing76 16 Mar 2014 7:42PM GMT 
CharlieHender... 16 Mar 2014 11:55PM GMT 
Tammy Hutchin... 11 Sep 2014 6:02AM GMT 
AmandaKing76 14 Sep 2014 8:49PM GMT 
gsh36 27 May 2001 6:22AM GMT 
Tammy Hutchin... 11 Sep 2014 6:12AM GMT 
jehutch 10 Jul 2001 12:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic