Search for content in message boards

William Hutchison, Loudoun County, Virginia

Replies: 11

Re: William Hutchison, Loudoun County, Virginia

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 4:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Several family trees (which are unsourced and not documented thereby not reliable sources)at Ancestry.com report that Peter Romine's daughter, Sarah (born abt. 1756), married a man with the surname ... WEST. If this information is credible, it was likely that this Sarah was NOT the wife of William Hutchison (born 1715)as he was much older than this Sarah and because there are reports that this Sarah Romine had married another. For proof that Peter Romine had a daughter named Sarah, see:

Source: Combs &c. Families of Loudoun Co, VA (1776-1799)

Loudoun County Virginia Will Book C., pp 335-337.

In the name of God Amen. I PETTER ROMINE of the County of Loudoun Farmer being weake in body and of perfect mind and memory thanks be given unto God calling to mind the Mortality of my Body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last Will and Testament that is to say principally and first of all I give and recommend my soul into the hand of Almighty God that gave it and my body I recomend to the earth to be buried in desent Christian Burial at the discretion of my Executors. . . and as touching such worldly estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me in this I give and demise and dispose of the same in the following manner and form First I give and bequeath to ABIGAIL my dearly beloved Wife the House and plantation whereon I now lives during her Widohood also I give and devise unto my Son JOHN fifty acres of land liing joining Powel lot also I give and devise unto my Son PETER Two hundred acres of land whereon he now lives also I gives and devise unto my son ISAACK the house and plantation whereon my Widdow now liveth at her deceise during his neterall life in case he dieth without a lawfull heire of his Body and if the said ISAACK dieth without an heire the said plantation is to be sold and the Money equaly devided between JOHN & PETER and SARAH.

Also I give and devise unto my Daughter SERAH and the Heirs of her Body fifty acres of land where WILLIAM REED now liveth lying on the Creek and joining BENJAMIN OVERFIELD and my movable estate I order to be sold in order to pay my lawful debts and my funeral charges and the remainder to be equaly divided between JOHN. PETER and SERAH also JOHN & PETER ROMINE whom I constitute make and ordain my only and sole Executors of this my last Will and Testament and I do hereby uterly dialow revoke . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seal this 20th day of February 1787.
John POPKINS, PETER ROMINE, Joseph HUTCHISON, Stephen SHIPMAN

At a Court held for Loudoun County April 14th 1788 This Will was proved by the oath of Stephen SHIPMAN and on the 16th day of the same month the same was fully proved by the oath of John POPKINS and ordered to be recorded and on the motion of PETER ROMINE and JOHN ROMINE. Executors therein named who made oath Certificate is granted them for obtaining a probate thereof in due form giving security Whereupon they with JOSEPH WEST and JOSEPH HUTCHISON their Securities entered into and acknowledged their Bond in the Penalty of Two hundred pounds Conditioned as the Law directs.

Source: Will Abstracts of Loudoun County Virginia 1772-1782, Ruth & Sam Sporacio, 1988

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
franciskeenan 6 Oct 2010 10:01PM GMT 
franciskeenan 7 Oct 2010 6:14PM GMT 
franciskeenan 8 Oct 2010 11:03AM GMT 
franciskeenan 9 Oct 2010 7:32PM GMT 
franciskeenan 10 Oct 2010 10:57AM GMT 
AJay369 23 Dec 2010 11:31PM GMT 
franciskeenan 24 Dec 2010 11:27AM GMT 
AJay369 25 Dec 2010 10:35PM GMT 
franciskeenan 26 Dec 2010 1:04AM GMT 
AJay369 26 Dec 2010 11:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions