Search for content in message boards

William Hutchison, Loudoun County, Virginia

Replies: 11

William Hutchison, Loudoun County, Virginia

Posted: 6 Oct 2010 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
This William Hutchison, born ca 1715 and died before Nov. 10th, 1787, was the father of Joseph Hutchison (variously, Hutcherson, Hudson). Joseph Hutchison was born about 1756 in Loudoun County, Virginia; he died May 15, 1842, in Hudsonville, Breckinridge County, Kentucky. Joseph was 86 years of age at the time of his death. For proof of Joseph's paternity, see documents I shall mention herein, including Loudoun County Deed Book L, p. 169, deed dated 20 Jul 1776. In this deed, the land owner, John Augustine Washington of Westmoreland County, Virginia, leased 150 acres to farmer William Hutchison (Joseph Hutchison & Susannah Dodson). Susannah was Joseph's wife.

This William Hutchison's wife was NOT Jane Waugh. Her name was Sarah (maiden surname unknown). No other marriages of this William Hutchison of Loudoun County, Virginia, have been discovered. In a plea to the probate court of Loudoun County, Sarah, wife of William Hutchison (deceased), asked the court to appoint Joseph Hutchison the "rite of admst" on the estate of "my beloved husband Wm Hutchison. " Signed: Sarah Hutchison and Wm Chamblin (Chamblin was probably a witness and/or court clerk). [See: Miscellaneous Administration Papers, Loudoun County, Virginia, Oct. 10th 1787.]

Joseph Hutchison was appointed by the court as the administrator of the William Hutchison (deceased) estate. However, he appealed to the court to have others, whom he named, appointed as administrators of the estate in lieu of him. He indicated that his wife, Susannah Hutchison, was likely to expire which was making it difficult for him to comply with his duties as administrator of his father's estate. [See: Papers filed with JUDGMENTS, etc. Jan-Mar 1792, Loudoun County, Virginia, request dated Feb. 12th, 1792.]

The documents settling the William Hutchison estate were presented to the Loudoun County Court 21 Jan 1793, by Wm. Bronough and Ben. Grayson, administrators. The estate settlement was recorded Feb. 11, 1793. [See: Loudoun County, Virginia, Will Book D, p. 299; Estate of Wm. Hutchison.]

I noted that none of the buyers at the auction of the personal property of William Hutchison (deceased)were named Waugh.

There was at least one other William Hutchison in Loudoun County in this era. I have not performed any research respecting other William Hutchisons of Virginia of which there were several.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
franciskeenan 6 Oct 2010 10:01PM GMT 
franciskeenan 7 Oct 2010 6:14PM GMT 
franciskeenan 8 Oct 2010 11:03AM GMT 
franciskeenan 9 Oct 2010 7:32PM GMT 
franciskeenan 10 Oct 2010 10:57AM GMT 
AJay369 23 Dec 2010 11:31PM GMT 
franciskeenan 24 Dec 2010 11:27AM GMT 
AJay369 25 Dec 2010 10:35PM GMT 
franciskeenan 26 Dec 2010 1:04AM GMT 
AJay369 26 Dec 2010 11:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions