Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM S. HUTCHISON, of Kansas City, Mo.

Replies: 8

Re: WILLIAM S. HUTCHISON, of Kansas City, Mo.

Posted: 9 Jan 2004 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hutchison, Hutchinson, Buckingham, Papanau
Would you happen to know of any siblings for William S.? And could he have lived in Kansas at one time? I have found an obituary for Alexander F. Hutchinson of Fayette Co., Pa which mentions a half brother William of Kansas. On the 1880 census in Dunbar, Fayette Co., Pa, Alexander is listed with his father William and included in the household was a William S. age 22 making him born about 1858. William the father is found on the 1850 census in Westmoreland Co., Pa., on the 1860 and 1870 in Springfield Twp., Fayette Co, Pa. and in Dunbar in 1880. I have not found any of the children staying in Pa except Alexander. The following is the obituary for Alexander. I could not make out the name of Minna. The family has been listed as Hutchison, Hutchinson, Hutchenson, Hutcheson on the census. If any of these names are familiar, I would appreciate hearing from you.

January 22, 1914 Connellsville Courier
Alex F. Hutchinson, 80 years old, died yesterday at the home of his son George B. Hutchinson at Mill Run following an illness of several months due to the infirmities of old age. Funeral tomorrow afternoon at ? o'clock from the United Brethren Church at Mill Run. Rev. J. ? Charleston officiating
Deceased was a cooper by trade and at one time had charge of a farm of the Keystone Coal & Coke Company of Greensburg. He was a widower and is survived by the following sons: George B., Robert Emmett and John S. Hutchinson of Mill Run and Alex of South Greensburg. Three half-brothers in Kansas, David, William and Isaac Hutchinson and four half sisters, Mrs. Mina E?? of Oklahoma; Mrs. Eldore Buckinghan, Mrs. Elzura Papanau and Miss Viola Hutchinson aslo survive. He married Miss Phoebie Jones who died some time ago.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bill Ramsey 21 Oct 2003 9:15PM GMT 
BDomer 9 Jan 2004 11:46PM GMT 
Kathryn Conan... 25 Jul 2005 6:29PM GMT 
Kathryn Conan... 25 Jul 2005 6:38PM GMT 
Bill Ramsey 25 Jul 2005 8:10PM GMT 
MargaretAldre... 29 Jan 2010 1:47AM GMT 
Kathryn Conan... 17 Sep 2012 9:49PM GMT 
MargaretAldre... 18 Sep 2012 12:09AM GMT 
photo66666 23 Oct 2012 9:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions