Search for content in message boards

J G (Green) Inman b. 1856 Ky.

Replies: 44

William Inman Family

James Inman Greer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 1999 12:14AM GMT
The direct ancestors of Marie Parker Greer's family start with the family of William Inman. Genealogy vol IV page 759 Vinkis co 1930 Chicago, IL lists John Inman as the father of Elisha, William, Shadreck, Meshach and Abednego. He came to America from York, England.
WILLIAM INMAN was probly a brother of the family of Abenego and Shadrach Inman, two Revolutionary War solders, both born in England. They came from England prior to The Revolution in 1776.The name of one of William's sons was Shadrach. A will probated in Pittslyvania County, Virginia June 20, 1803 states "I, William Inman, being weak and sickly in body, but in perfect mind and memory to my beloved wife Susannah Inman my whole estate during her lifetime and at her decease the pursuant estate to be equally divided amongst my five children Henry Inman, Nancy Inman, Edmund Inman, Shadreck Inman, Jesse Inman and their heirs. My land to be sold and divided amongst all my children William Inman (Jr.),Polly Morris, Sarah Morgin, Lydia Boac and five children above mentioned."
After the death of William Inman, Edmund Inman and his wife Francis (Fanny) Thurman and some of the William Inman family moved to that part of Washington County, Kentucky which became Marion County in 1834. This is the about the time Abraham Lincoln, the grandfather of the president, also moved to Washington County. The 1810 Census shows Edmund Inman, the father of James, E.G and J.C. Inman living in Washington County with two sons and a daughter under six years of age. On October 18, 1822, a deed for about 80 acres was recorded for Edmund in Deed Book H, page 85. Edmund and his wife, Francis, sold the above land and another tract recorded in Deed Book L, page 472-474 dated October 17, 1833. In 1830 the census shows William, Shadreck, Edward and another William in Washington County and Edmund in Graves County, Kentucky. The courthouse at Graves County was destroyed along with all records about 1864. After the sale of land October 17, 1833, Edmund Inman, the grandfather of Greenberg Inman, moved to Maysfield Kentucky. He was shown living with his eldest son J.C.(Jike) Inman in the 1840 Census. Edmund was born in 1772 and died after 1840 in Kentucky.
Edmund Greenberg Inman was born 1n 1823 in Washington County, Kentucky and moved to Graves County, Kentucky with his father. He was a wagon maker by trade. He married his first wife Lucinda about 1842. They had four children, Greenberg B., Joseph, George, and Mariah. All of the children were born in Mayfield, Graves County, Kentucky.
In 1853 an apparent illness occurred and Lucinda and two of her children, George and Mariah, died. E.G. married his second wife Carolina and they had three children, all born in Arkansas, William J. born 1854, Edward born 1856, Pamaceia P born 1858. Prior to 1860, the family moved back to Graves County. Kentucky.
Greenberg B. (Green) Inman was born in 1844 in Maysfield, Kentucky. He enrolled in the Union Army, Company "E", Fifteenth Kentucky Volunteer Calvary. He was discharged at Paducah, Kentucky as a private on October 6, 1863. During his Civil War Duty, it is likely he met his future wife Mary. The 1870 census shows them living in Clarksville, Montgomery County, Tennessee. He was employed as a carpenter and she ran a boarding house. He died prior to 1880, probable in Montgomery County where they were living close to Mary's Great Aunt Sarah and her Uncle George W. Branberry, a blacksmith.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MarkAliceA 14 Dec 1999 3:51PM GMT 
JAMES INMAN GREER 21 Dec 1999 11:18AM GMT 
MarkAliceA 21 Dec 1999 2:12PM GMT 
James Inman Greer 22 Dec 1999 7:14AM GMT 
Jennifer Little 5 Feb 2000 10:44AM GMT 
James Inman Greer 8 Sep 2000 6:12AM GMT 
Jim Willimas 3 Mar 2000 10:37AM GMT 
James Inman Greer 8 Sep 2000 6:10AM GMT 
MarkAliceA 23 Dec 1999 1:17PM GMT 
James Inman Greer 27 Dec 1999 7:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions