Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Robert Isbell by Edna Warren Mason -- valid?

Replies: 6

Descendants of Robert Isbell by Edna Warren Mason -- valid?

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 11:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Isbell
Hi Folks!
Does anyone have any insight as to how accurate Mason's "Descendants of Robert Isbell" is? it seems to be the backbone of most people's isbell line research, but I find myself questioning how accurate it is -- mostly because I found a mistake within the pages that negated an ancestral line that was supposed to connect us to the Mayflower.* This has made me question the rest of her research. Has anyone else discovered an error or come across anything contradictory?

*details: in the 6th generation, she lists Eliab Isbell
as married to Deborah Stevens. She lists Deborah Stevens parents as Hubbell Stevens and his second wife. In fact, Deborah Stevens is the daughter of Hubbell Stevens' first wife, Deborah Jones. The second wife connects with the pilgrim line,the Jones family does not (this was confirmed at the Mayflower Historical Society in person last summer). It turns out, the Jones family has a much more interesting ancestral history ;-) But the fact Mason got this wrong concerns me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
jess
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wishinhart 2 Mar 2012 6:17PM GMT 
dreamersrose 21 Nov 2012 1:01AM GMT 
bigmikeis21 4 Dec 2012 8:18AM GMT 
dreamersrose 4 Dec 2012 2:24PM GMT 
bigmikeis21 4 Dec 2012 7:58PM GMT 
dreamersrose 4 Dec 2012 10:01PM GMT 
bigmikeis21 6 Dec 2012 8:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions