Search for content in message boards

Isaac Ivins / Rachel Day - Burlington Co, New Jersey

Replies: 1

Isaac Ivins / Rachel Day - Burlington Co, New Jersey

Posted: 3 Jul 2011 11:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ivins, Day, Stephenson
Hello!

Isaac Ivins and Rachel Day (born around 1808) had two children that I know of, both born in Rancocas, Burlington Co, NJ: Isaac J, born June 17, 1830 and Elizabeth A, born Dec 28, 1833. There is a marriage between an Isaac Ivins and Rachel Day in Woodbury, Gloucester County, NJ on Jan 17, 1824, but I haven't verified yet whether this is the same couple I'm looking for.

I don't know what happened to Isaac - I thought he may have died, but now I'm wondering if he and Rachel were divorced. There are many Isaac Ivins' out there and I'm not sure which one is mine!

By 1840, Rachel is married again to Daniel H. Stephenson of Delaware. They had three children: Mary Clifton, born Apr 27, 1841 in Pennsylvania, and twins, John and James Beverly Stephenson, both born in New Jersey. By 1850, this family is in the middle ward of Camden, Camden Co, New Jersey.

Elizabeth married Simon W Dailey (son of John E. and Rachel Dailey of Pittsgrove, Salem, NJ) in Camden in 1851. Isaac J Ivins married Harriet Newell Jones (daughter of James and Druscilla Jones) also in 1851. In May of 1854 the entire extended family moved to Bellfontaine, Logan Co, Ohio.

Does anyone of this sound familiar? Thanks so much!

Amy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
greshaaa 3 Jul 2011 5:34PM GMT 
susan brown 24 Nov 2011 1:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions