Search for content in message boards

Nicolas Jacques & Catherine Alard marriage record

Replies: 3

Re: Nicolas Jacques & Catherine Alard marriage record

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I notice this is an old thread, but nobody seems to have responded thus far. Thought I would offer my stab at translating the cited record in the event you are still looking for it. Some gaps are illegible, but I've filled in as per the general format in use at the time. I think the key elements, names, are all there.

The 5th of November in the year 1719, after the publication of 3 bans of marriage done during the sermon of the parish masses in this parish, between Nicolas Jacques, widower of Marie Josephte Bedard, of the one part and Catherine Alard, daughter of Andre Alard and Anne Lemarcher, also from this parish of the other part, knowing of no impediment ..(to this union).. we, the curate of the same parish, have ..(given the nuptial blessing).. in our Holy Mother Church in the presence of Thomas Alard, uncle of the groom, Andre Alard, father of the groom, Louis Jacques, father of the bride and others, all of whom, as well as the bride have declared they are unable to sign (their names) in the presence of the groom and others who signed, according to the order (or regulation, policy).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jnicklaw 25 Jan 2012 10:05PM GMT 
viviane_sapir... 10 Feb 2012 1:58AM GMT 
Ed Allard 25 Nov 2012 5:21PM GMT 
jnicklaw 10 May 2013 7:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic