I am just starting my research on the Jaeck Surname and was referred to this site. If anyone has any links to this branch, I would be pleased to hear from you. My family history is as follows:
Edward (Edmond) Jaeck immigrated from Soufflenheim, Alsace Lorraine to Pennsylvannia. He was born about 1813 - 1815. His father was (Francois) Joseph and his mother was Bathesen or Catherine Von Haden or Von Hatten or Van Houtten. It appears that the spelling of the names changed over time. In our branch, the name was anglicized to Yeck. However, I know some branches that used Yack or Yaeck. Edward left Pennsylvania and immigrated to Canada to a village near Kitchener, Ontario. I have no dates when he left Alsace Lorraine nor when he left Pennsylvania. Also not sure if he came with his parents and/or brothers and sisters. He may have left family members in Pennsylvannia.
In Canada, he married Margaretha Groh about 1858. This was his second marriage. His first wife was Madelaine Schlosser and they were married in 1841. I understand that Edward had at least 10 children, one of which is my great-grandfather. I have several variations of the names of the children from three different sources but listed below are the children. There will be more than 10 names listed as all the names do not match.
1. Valentin - first marriage - whereabouts unknown
2. Louis - first marriage - whereabouts unknown
3. Gustav - first marriage - whereabouts unknown
4. Francis Xavier - remained in Southern Ontario
5. Clemenceau - Clemens - remained in Southern Ontario
6. John - remained in Southern Ontario - died young
7. Edward - whereabouts unknown
8. Henry - remained in Southern Ontario
9. Magdalena (Lena) - never married - remained in Southern Ontario
10. Maria Antoinette (Nettie) - married a Kaufmann - remained in Southern Ontario
11. Phillipina (Bena) - whereabouts unknown
12. George - went to Bad Axe, Michigan
13. Ludwig - might be Louis - whereabout unknown
Also there were several other branches of this family in the Kitchener area. I just have not made the connection to Edward.