Search for content in message boards

August and Matilda Heider Jaeger

Replies: 1

August and Matilda Heider Jaeger

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 8:51PM GMT
Looking for relatives with information on my great great grandparents, August and Matilda Heider Jaeger, who lived
in an unknown region of Germany. Their son Albert, my great grandfather, was born in Germany November 23, 1860, according to my source, History of Cooper County. Albert
married Ida Schroeder (born in Germany, June 5, 1858 to Ernest and Lisetta Schroeder) in 1882, and they came to the United States on the same ship. I do not know the port of entry, but they arrived in Boonville, Mo, May 30, 1882. After one and a half years, Albert went to Bloomington, IL for two
years where he was employed as a laborer, three months of which were spent in the Illinois coal mines. Then, he went to Chicago, IL for five years, three of which he spent working
in the Armpur & Co. packing house. He returned to Boonville and became a prosporous farmer. He and Ida had six children: Ernest (born after 1882), William (born 1885),
Albert (born 1890), Charles (born 1892), and Otto (born 1894 and died of appendicitis 1901). Another child died in infancy. My grandfather was Charles. He was a farmer and carpenter in Cooper County (Boonville area). He married Bertha Moehle in 1915, and they had three boys, Charles, Earl, and
Kenneth. My dad, Earl, was born in Boonville, January 30, 1920 and died in November, 1994. He married Anna Frances
White.I was born December 6, 1946 and have 3 other sisters: Merilee Grigsby (born September 17, 1948), Nancy
Whalen (born October 5, 1950), and Kathleen (Kathi) Reed
(born June 6, l955). Three of us reside in Boonville with our
families and one in Lee's Summit, MO. If you have any
information on August or Albert, please contact me. I'll be glad to share any other information I have about Albert's family.

Barbara Jaeger Ameiss Holtzclaw
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jbhsols 10 Feb 2003 3:51AM GMT 
Donald Heider 19 Jul 2004 12:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions