Search for content in message boards

John Jaggers and Elizabeth London

Replies: 21

Re: John Jaggers and Elizabeth London

Posted: 19 Jan 2009 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jaggers, Toysbin, Stoneman, Smith
It's not my John but the chairmaker/undertaker John in Lambeth who I think is Richard's brother. I have quite a lot of details on him because back in 2006 when I posted the first message I thought undertaker John was mine. This was because he had a daughter called Sarah-Ann who was the same age my Sarah-Ann had put on census forms, my Sarah-Ann lived in Southwark which is near Lambeth and had a father called John who was described as carpenter on her marriage. I later discovered another John born in Holborn with a daughter called Sarah-Ann about 3 years older from the Wapping area, as my Sarah Ann married in Bethnal Green and the other in Lambeth it became apparent that I had been looking at the wrong John Jaggers. I am certain I have the right one now because the witness on my Sarah-Ann's marriage (to James Henry Smith) was a Mary Ann Toysbin which is a rare name and turns out to be her sister's married name. Undertaker John's daughter married John Lewis Stoneman.
Having said that, I still think both Johns and both Richards could be connected through a common ancestor in the 18th century. I feel sure Tony's Richard is connected in some way to my John because they both lived in Wapping and were both coal porters (amongst other occupations!).
I'll have a look for Mr Bridges in the newspapers and directories, I'll let you know if I find anything.
I live in Surrey.
Annette
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SUEHURLE2 15 Jan 2009 6:31PM GMT 
AvaChief 15 Jan 2009 8:20PM GMT 
SUEHURLE2 15 Jan 2009 10:46PM GMT 
AvaChief 16 Jan 2009 10:05PM GMT 
SUEHURLE2 16 Jan 2009 11:24PM GMT 
AvaChief 18 Jan 2009 7:31PM GMT 
SUEHURLE2 18 Jan 2009 11:30PM GMT 
AvaChief 19 Jan 2009 11:22AM GMT 
anatford18 26 Jan 2010 4:08PM GMT 
SUEHURLE2 26 Jan 2010 4:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions