Search for content in message boards

Jahn (Wisconsin)

Replies: 2

Re: Jahn (Wisconsin) (From June's Research)

Posted: 6 May 2005 11:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 May 2005 11:36AM GMT
Surnames: Rennicke, Friedrich, Voigt, Fry
Autobiography of Sophia Rennicke, nee Jahn (wife of Pastor Johannes Rennicke). Born July 17, 1830 in Town of Reistadt Sacken Altenburg. At the age of 10 years came to America Jan 1, 1839. Were on the ocean 8 weeks in a sailboat in high windstorms. Landed in Newburgh, N.Y. From there took the steamboat to St. Louis, Mo. from there to Altenburg, Mo. Perry County where we lived. My father was a shoemaker. Received my schooling and Confirmation instructions from Pastor Winton. Confirmed by Pastor Loeber. At the age of 33, I met my husband, Johannes Rennicke. Was married Mar. 22, 1851, by Pastor Schifenteken in Altenburg, Mo. Perry County. Went to our first Congregation. After that had 7 different Churches. We were blessed with 10 children, 6 sons and 4 daughters. Two preceded us in death. March 10, 1872 we come from Mequon, Wisconsin to Wayside, Wisc. to serve Zion Lutheran Church and was there 9 years. Resigned in 1887, because of my husbands ill health. Then lived with our daughter Christine and her husband Phillip Schatz in Wayside, Wis., where my husband was paralyzed for 9 years, unable to walk. After 49 years of married life the Lord took him to his heavenly home July 12, 1900 at the age of 75 years. He was buried on the Schatz lot in Wayside, Wis. From then on I made my home with my two daughters, Mrs. George Frosch (Elizabeth) and Mrs. Phillip Schatz (Christine) in Wayside, Wis. This is written by me on my 77 birthday.

She died Jan. 1914 in Wayside, Wis. at my parents home. I am Elvera Schatz Teske

(Some of the dates do not seem to coincide with the story written about her husband. From Membership Records #100323-1 at the Washington County Historical Society Research Center, West Bend, WI - See last page, " List of Pastors as obtained from the Treasurers Records" The name John Rennicke is listed as their pastor at Zion Lutheran Church in Jackson, WI from 1883 to 1888. June Fry)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
FamilyHistori... 31 Jul 2002 4:09AM GMT 
Junie448 6 May 2005 5:03PM GMT 
cbsmystery 26 Sep 2012 11:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic