I am hoping someone out there can help me. I am looking for info on my husband's grandfather and his family. Here is what know:
Samson Jakobsson b. 31 Mar 1897 d. 1967
He had the following siblings:
- Halldóra Jakobsdóttir, b. 7 July 1890, d. 1938
- Kristján Jakobsson, b. 18 July 1891, d. 7 Feb 1972
- Anna Jakobsdóttir, b. 4 Jan 1893, d. 1965
- Jóhanna Jakobsdóttir, b. 31 Aug 1899, d. 21 Apr 1980
- Kristján Þorgeir Jakobsson, b. 11 Jan 1900, d. Sep 1942
His parents were:
- Jakob Samsonarson, b. 12 Dec 1864, d. 21 Apr 1900
- Ólafía Kristjánsdóttir, b. 29 Aug 1862, d. 6 Jan 1949
As far as I know Samson is the only one who emigrated to America. The "Americanized" version of his name was Jacobson. He was first in New York and then proceed west to California where he lived most of his adult life until he died. Samson married once and had one child.
According to Ellis Island ship manifests it appears he was a merchant marine from 1919 to 1922 until he "deserted" the vessel Gdansk.
I am interested in finding children or grandchildren of all of Samson's siblings. If you have any info please email me at email@example.com