Search for content in message boards

Toledo Ohio Jakubowski aka Jacoposky

Replies: 3

Toledo Ohio Jakubowski aka Jacoposky

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 9:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

I don't have much to go on, but here goes.

My great-grandmother was Josephine Jakubowski, born abt 1855 in Poland. She married Frank Klisch, born March? or November?, 1845 in Poland, aka Klysz, Klish, Klies, etc., October 22, 1871 at St. Mary's Church in Toledo, Ohio. No parents were listed on the marriage record. They had 2 known children born in Toledo, baptized at St. Mary's. Marianna and Josepha were twins, born March 14, 1874. John Walter (Wladislaw), born June 28, 1873 also states that he was born in Ohio. Baptismal record not found.

I found whom I believe to be Josephine and her parents listed in the Toledo 1870 census.

1870 United States Federal Census, Toledo Ward 7, Lucas County, Ohio, Page 10, Enumerated August 11

Post Office: Toledo

Andrew Jacoposky, Age 40, Born about 1830 Poland, Parents born Foreign Birth, Occupation: Laborer
Jaconiska Jacoposky, Age 35, Born about 1835 Poland, Parents born Foreign Birth, Occupation: Keeping House
Jaconiska Jacoposky, Age 12 or 13, Born about 1858 or 1857 Poland, Parents born Foreign Birth

Frank and Josephine (Jakubowski) Klish moved from Toledo between 1875 and 1880, and settled in Bellevue, Brown County, Wisconsin. I have not been able to find any more information on Josephine's parents?, Andrew and Josephine Jakubowski since the 1870 census.

Josephine (Jakubowski) Klish died in 1896, most likely in Brown County, Wisconsin. No death record has been found yet. Frank Klish died September 06, 1903 in Bellevue. His death record did not list any parents.

I did not find a marriage date for Andrew Jakubowski, born abt 1830, and Josephine (Nee ???), born about 1835, on the Poznan Marriage Project, so I am assuming that the church they were married at in Poland is not indexed yet, or they may have been from the Russia Poland, or Austria Poland area. http://bindweed.man.poznan.pl/posen/search.php

I did not find any other Jakubowski/Jacoposky or Klish\KLysz in the Toledo area during the 1860, 1870, and 1880 census, so I can't come up with any possible relatives with the same surname there.

I thought that maybe the names of the witnesses on the marriage record, and the godparents on the baptismal records may give me some clues as to possible relatives, or friends that came from the same area in Poland, but haven't had much luck finding out more info on these people than the following information.

The witnesses on the marriage record for Frank and Josephine were Franciscus Eggert and Diana?/Bianca? Taubitz.

The godparents on the baptismal record for Frank and Josephine's children, Marianna and Josepha, were Joseph Mrozinski and Catherina Telke, or Pelke, and Wilhelm Telke, or Pelke, and Abur? Andrejack (Andrezack).

1870 United States Federal Census
Home in 1870: Toledo Ward 7, Lucas, Ohio

Leopold Taubitz, age 46, born abt 1824 Prussia
Augusta Taubitz, age 36, born abt 1834 Prussia
Bianca Taubitz, age 13, born abt 1857 Ohio
Oscar Taubitz, age 9, born abt 1861 Ohio

** The Taubitz family was indexed under Lawbets in the 1860 Toledo census

** Oscar Taubitz' death record in Toledo lists his father as Leopold Taubitz, born Germany, and mother's maiden name as Manzel, born Germany

** Leopold Taubitz' death record in Toledo lists his birth as November 16, 1820 in Germany

1870 United States Federal Census
Home in 1870: Toledo Ward 5, Lucas, Ohio

Charley Eggart, age 20, Born abt 1850 Austria
May Eggart, age 28, born abt 1842 Austria
Mary Eggart, age 2, born abt 1868 Ohio
Anel Eggart, age 2/12, born abt 1870 Ohio
John Eggart, age 6, born abt 1864 Ohio

** Did not find a Franziscus Eggert

Thank you,
Ruth Pokorny
SubjectAuthorDate Posted