Search for content in message boards

James Family in Missouri

Replies: 7

Re: James Family in Missouri

Posted: 18 Jul 2004 1:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Apr 2006 6:18PM GMT
Morning,

This is the one I thought just might fit but now I don't think so. . .

Name: John Robert JAMES, 3086
————————————————————————————————————
Birth: Apr 1842 Missouri
Death: aft 1910?
Father: William JAMES, 9305 (1803-1875)
Mother: Evelyn BLACKBURN, 9306 (~1816->1880)

Spouses
Marriage: Never Married

Notes for John Robert JAMES
SOURCE-BIRTH FAMILY-BIRTH STATE-APPROXIMATE BIRTH YEAR-PARENTS:
A Stroll Through Coldwater Cemetery, by The Webster Groves DAR; page 5.
JAMES, William
Tombstone: William James, husband of Eveline James, born 27 May 1803; died 31 Mar 1875; aged 71 y. 10 m. 4 d.1850 Census: William 48, Eveline 34, Mary 10, John R. 8, Amanda E. 7, Wm. H. 1. Eveline was born in Virginia; all others in Missouri.

SOURCE-FATHER-SIBLINGS-INHERITANCE-EXECUTOR OF FATHER'S WILL:
Handwritten Will of William James dated 2 Dec 1865.
"I, William James, in the County of Saint Louis and State of Missouri do make this my last Will and Testament.
First - I give, devise and bequeath to my beloved Daughter Mary Jane Russell wife of William R. Russell of Saint Louis County the following piece or parcel of land (to wit) Beginning at the South East Corner of land purchased by me from Thomas Hopkins Estate on James Richardson's line. A stone from which a White Oak 24 twenty four inches diameter betw (N 23 degrees W) North twenty three degrees West, distant Seventy three ------ links and a White Oak eighteen inches in diameter ---- north Seventeen and three quarters of a degree East distant Eighty Eight links - Thence North fifty three degrees West with Richardson's line a sufficient distance so that a line runs paralel [sic] with the Eastern line of the 44 --- purchase ---- include Just Sixty Six acres. To have and to hold the said premises with the appurtenances to her the said Mary Jane Russell to her sole and separate use of her and her children free from the interference or Control of her said Husband, and to her and her children after her forever.
Secondly - I give, devise and bequeath to my beloved and youngest daughter Margaret Eveline James the following described tract or parcel of land - Beginning at the South West corner of the above described tract of Mary Jane Russell on the Richardson line, thence North fifty three degrees West with the Richardson line so for that a line runs paralel [sic] with the ---- line of Mary Jane Russell which includes Seventy nine and Sixty hundredths of an Acre including also my dwelling ---- well, and Barn North of the dwelling & to have and to hold the ---- ---- with the appurtenances to her the said Margaret Eveline James to her sole and separate use free from the interference or control of her Husband should she ever Marry and to her and her heirs forever. This child Margaret is my youngest, has yet to be raised and educated at her own cost. For this reason, and for the purpose of giving her some ---- ----, I will her this advantage over my other children Which I think reasonable.
Thirdly - I give, devise and bequeath unto my son John Robert James the following tract or parcel of land to wit Beginning at the South West corner of this last above described tract of Margaret Eveline James on the Richardson line. Thence North fifty three degrees West with said Richardson's line. So far that a line run paralel[sic] with the western line of Margaret Eveline James will include sixty seven acres- (This includes one acre heretofore needed for School purposes) to have and to hold to him, his heirs and assigns forever--
Fourthly - I will, devise and bequeath to my beloved daughter Amanda Elizabeth Smith wife of Thomas W. Smith of Callaway County, Missouri the following described piece or parcel of land: The Residue of my home tract containing about Twenty Six Acres. Together with a lot adjoining and lying West of the same that I received in a Partition of My Father James James' Estate. Containing Forty Acres -- making in the whole about Sixty Six acres to have and to hold the said premises with the appurtenances to her the said Amanda Elizabeth Smith and her children to their sole and separate use, free from the interference or control of her said Husband- and to her and her heirs forever-
Further - My Personal property I leave to be disposed of hereafter as I may think proper & I hereby appoint my son John R. James as my sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament In regard to any real estate hereby revoking all former Wills by me made.

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this second day of December A.D. 1865--
(signed) William James

Signed and declared by the above named William James to be his last Will and Testament (of his real estate) in the presence of us, who at his request, and in his presence, have subscribed our names as witnesses thereto.
(signed) Joseph L. Hyatt
Ben. Douglass."

SOURCE-BACKGROUND:
From Jennifer Hathaway.
"I do know that George met his second wife Eva Marie Haddock at the Planters Hotel in St. Louis. They both worked there and they were both married. When they met Eva was married to a Mr. Treadway. I do not know what exactly happened to him. I do know he had been very sick. My great Grandmother was the result of their affair.
In the 1900 Census Eva [Eva Marie Haddock] is living with George, Katie and their children as their maid along with my great grandmother Eva [Eva Marie Russell]. Also in the 1900 census Eva [Eva Marie Haddock] is using her step brothers last name Beard.
In the 1910 Census George is living with Eva [Eva Marie Haddock], my great grandmother Eva [Eva Marie Russell], George's two children George and Lillian, Mary Jane James [Mary Jane James Russell] and a John James [George Edward Russell's uncle]. In the 1910 Census Eva [Eva Marie Haddock] is using her first husbands last name Treadway. What a soap opera!! George and Eva did not get married around the time my grandmother was born. I have not found a marriage certificate.
However, in the 1920 Census they are listed under the last name Russell and that they are married."

SOURCE-1860 CENSUS:
1860 St. Ferdinand Tp., St. Louis Co., Missouri
Series: M653; Roll: 656; page 1058.
Dwelling 154, Family 150, Enumerated 11 Jun 1860 by Lorenzo Hotchkiss.
-William James, 57, male, farmer r.e. $8,000, p.e. $1,500, MO.
-Evalina James, 44, female, VA.
-John R. James, 18, male, farm hand, MO.
-Mary A. James, 16, female, MO.
-Margaret James, 5, female, MO.

SOURCE-1880 CENSUS:
Ancestry.com.
Year: 1880;
Census Place: St. Ferdinand, St. Louis, Missouri;
Roll: T9-715;
Family History Film: 1254715;
Page: 171A;
Enumeration District: 179;
Image: 0762.
-Everline James, self, 65, abt 1815, VA/US/US, widowed, farming.
-John R. James, son, 38, abt 1842, MO/MO/VA, single, farming.
-Jane James, other, 64, abt 1816, MO/US/US, widowed.

SOURCE-1900 CENSUS:
1900 St. Ferdinand Tp., St. Louis Co., Missouri, p 200/6474, Dwelling 46, Family 48.
-James Thompson, Head, W, M, Dec 1843, 56, m 31 years, SCOT/SCOT/SCOT, immigrated 1849, in US 50 years, Na., farmer, literate.
-Margaret Thompson, wife, W, F, Jul 1849, 50, m 31 years, 10 child./8 living, MO/SCOT[sic]/PA, literate.
-Amy Thompson, daughter, W, F, Nov 1874, 25, s, MO/SCOT/MO, literate.
-Evaline Thompson, daughter, W, F, Dec 1870, 29, s, MO/SCOT/MO, schoolteacher, literate.
-Silas Thompson, son, W, M, Jan 1882, 16, s, MO/SCOT/MO, farm laborer, literate.
-Sarah Thompson, daughter, W, F, Sep 1884, 15, s, MO/SCOT/MO, at school 9 months.
-Aurelia Thompson, daughter, W, F, Aug 1887, 12, s, MO/SCOT/MO, at school 9 months.
-Elmer Thompson, son, W, M, Dec 1890, 9, s, MO/SCOT/MO, at school 9 months.l
-John R. James, boarder, W, M, Apr 1842, 57, s, MO/MO/VA, farm laborer, 6 mo. unemployed, literate.

————————————————————————————————————
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dandevaney27 24 Mar 2004 3:21AM GMT 
GloriaKay58 24 Mar 2004 11:04AM GMT 
dandevaney27 24 Mar 2004 7:29PM GMT 
kelda 17 Jul 2004 10:37PM GMT 
dandevaney499... 18 Jul 2004 7:35AM GMT 
kelda 18 Jul 2004 1:28PM GMT 
dandevaney27 18 Jul 2004 7:33PM GMT 
kelda 19 Jul 2004 1:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic