Search for content in message boards

Jamieson(LiverpoolLancs UK)Search

Replies: 5

Re: Jamieson(LiverpoolLancs UK)Search

Posted: 30 May 2005 7:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2005 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: Jamieson, Broadfoot, Story, Bexfield
This is probably a long-shot, but please read!

I've been researching the Jamieson family ancestors from England, which also had family from Scotland. My Jamiesons emigrated to Michigan in the USA abt 1853, out of Liverpool.

During the search, I came across the name of a relative, Sydney Broadfoot. Records at the Mormon Church indicate that he was born to John Broadfoot and Sarah Jamieson of Leith, Midlothian, Scotland (abt 1857), but census 1891 and 1901 puts him in Liverpool, Toxteth Park, Lancashire, working for the Railway. His wife's name was Jessie (b. abt 1862 Scotland), and his daughters were Adelaide (b 1885 Scotland) and Agatha. Agatha was born in Liverpool about 1898.

I'm hoping that finding more on Sydney Broadfoot will lead me to the Jamieson records and place of origin. Sydney visited Michigan (the James Jamieson family) and went on to Greeley, Colorado, (late 1800's to early 1900's) to visit or work on the ranch of George T. Bexfield, originally of Scotland (Glasgow?). I have no record of him after that.

I believe that Sarah Jamieson (Sydney's mother) was a daughter to George Jamieson and wife (Davison). George and his sons, James and Tom, emigrated to Wayne, Wayne County, MI, while his son Jack went to Australia and married a girl named Polly.

James Jamieson was said to have two sisters in England, no names given. I believe that Sarah Jamieson Broadfoot was one of those sisters or a cousin. Two of the grandchildren of George Jamieson were given the middle name of STORY. It may have been a family name, perhaps George's mothers maiden?

If any of this sounds familiar, please contact me! Thank you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eyewjay 4 Nov 2002 1:45AM GMT 
CynthiaStanle... 31 May 2005 1:35AM GMT 
eyewjay 31 May 2005 5:20AM GMT 
CynthiaStanle... 31 May 2005 2:54PM GMT 
CynthiaStanle... 31 May 2005 2:57PM GMT 
DavidMoore233 13 Jun 2007 2:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic