Search for content in message boards

Janes families of NY who may have come from CT.

Replies: 2

Janes families of NY who may have come from CT.

Posted: 14 Feb 2012 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Janes, Shutts, Woodruff
There seems to be very little online about this Janes family except for a theme of certain names repeatig which may or may not be coincidence.

My Janes ancestor starts with Ursula Janes who married John Shutts Jr. in Oswego, NY. I believe Ursula is associated with an Ira Janes b ca 1807 as he married a Lucinda Shutts b 1824--looks like a second marriage as he has an older female b 1832 named Phoebe living with them in 1850. Ira has a male son named Erastus b 1852.
Also living in Oswego COunty, (Hannibal) are Nathan Janes b 1783 CT and Isaac Janes b 1815. Isaac and Ira are on the same page in the census. Nathan has recorded deeds with Isaac and at least one with Lucinda who may be the one married to Ira.

Meanwhile,in Cayuga, there is TImothy Janes 1778 CT and Esther, Erastus 1798 CT and Lydia (Woodruff). Later on the name Nathan Janes shows up in this area (later date).

I can't seem to connect this group with any of those of that seem to be close out of VT or MA or CT family trees.

Anyone have a connection?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sujiwan 14 Feb 2012 10:01PM GMT 
ballen1900 17 Feb 2012 9:49PM GMT 
Sujiwan 17 Feb 2012 10:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions